Expired - Morrisons festive feast £4 from Thursday 10th, 3 days only

Options

Comments

• BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Went in this afternoon specially for the offer but there was no sign of it anywhere. Asked a staff member who said they'd run out that morning but should be getting some more in tomorrow :( Don't fancy getting up early tomorrow it might be my last lie in for a while lol.
  • Princess_Coupon
    Options
    Went at 12 noon today especially for this, none left ran our at 11am:mad::mad::mad:
    AKA: PC

Rest in Peace Fred the Maddest Muppet in Heaven :heart:
  • elljay
    elljay Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I love this offer, it means I'll eat things I can't normally afford so it's wonderful - I also got some other good bargains at Morrisons today too. At the risk though of sounding a killoy though, I wonder if it's going to contribute to people wasting food again - obviously not we good MSE-ers, - but while I was buying mine a lady said she wouldn't eat the soup so would chuck it out, ( I did suggest other uses for it but she obviously isn't on the same wavelength as us!) and someone else has said about throwing the sprouts in the bin. I deliberately chose a veg pack with lots of sprouts in as I love them!

But THANK YOU MR/S MORRISON. This is such a good offer!
  • bigblackdog
    bigblackdog Posts: 1,076 Forumite
    Options
    I deliberately chose a veg pack with lots of sprouts in as I love them!
    [/QUOTE]

i hate wasting things , but sprouts are probably the most wasted thing around xmas i would think , i will be throwing my ones straight in the bin and they will be off to landfill on tuesday
    my favourite food is spare ribs
  • elljay
    elljay Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I deliberately chose a veg pack with lots of sprouts in as I love them!

i hate wasting things , but sprouts are probably the most wasted thing around xmas i would think , i will be throwing my ones straight in the bin and they will be off to landfill on tuesday[/QUOTE]

Oh no!! No compost bin then?:p
  • chesky369
    chesky369 Posts: 2,590 Forumite
    Options
    If you blanche the sprouts first, then toss them in butter and add a handful of fried up bacon bits and pepper, they are really delicious.
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    FatAndy wrote: »
    I'm not suggesting that anyone should do this and I (genuinely) never have, I just think it's a pointless restriction.

It is pointless, as most people get round it. But if it wasn't there people would just blatantly load up their trolleys with dozens of them.

I live in a town with a large number of eating places, and you often see the staff loading trolleys with reduced items. People from the cafes, and hotels will come in and grab every 10p loaf on the shelves. They freeze it and use it for toast.
    FatAndy wrote: »
    Of course I might have been tempted to buy two festive feasts but unfortunately that option was taken out of my hands because someone forgot to send the trifles to Colwyn Bay so I can't even buy one lot :mad:.

Yes, I was sorry to read about that, but look on the bright side. They may have the deal starting when they get the trifles. Or they may reduce all the other stuff.

Either way, I hope you get something out of it.
  • bigblackdog
    Options
    Oh no!! No compost bin then?:p[/QUOTE]

afraid not with the amount of council tax i pay , i think the council should sort through my rubbish and compost/recycle everything goes into the black bags in this household
  • bigblackdog
    Options
    chesky369 wrote: »
    If you blanche the sprouts first, then toss them in butter and add a handful of fried up bacon bits and pepper, they are really delicious.

sounds like your making your own sick without the trouble of regurgitating anything
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    No trifles in my local store so no deal, come back tomorrow :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business