kez1234 Posts: 2,079 Forumite
    Options
    i got 3 yesterday :)
  • FatAndy
    FatAndy Posts: 7,541 Forumite
    Options
    Paws wrote: »
    Is this limited to one 'deal' per customer, or can you get two lots? :beer:

I can never understand why they bother with these 'one per customer' restrictions. If you pick up the items (assuming the idiots at the distribution centre have remembered to pack the trifles:mad:) then go and pay in cash, take the stuff back to your car, then return straight back to the store, pick up a second lot and then pay at a different till then how will they know you've bought more than one lot?

Of course this won't work too well if you haven't got a car but it's not the most difficult restriction to get round.
    The fridge is empty, the walls are damp, there's no hot water
    And I look like a tramp and tramps like us
    Baby we were born to walk
  • bigblackdog
    bigblackdog Posts: 1,076 Forumite
    Options
    i was just thinking this could make a decent stew , i might just throw the whole lot in a casserole dish and see what happens
    my favourite food is spare ribs
  • loupoppins
    Options
    thanks OP...great deal:beer:

and yes..."technically" it is one deal per customer...but I got 2 (have 6 dc so one wouldnt be enough:rolleyes: LOL)
    I left oldest dd minding a basket with one lot in...paid for one....left other dd minding trolley , went back through to shop, and paid for one in basket with dd at another till....
    I think they probably knew really...but it wasnt like I was trying to buy 10 of them or anything...;)
  • FatAndy
    Options
    i was just thinking this could make a decent stew , i might just throw the whole lot in a casserole dish and see what happens

Not sure about the rest but I suspect the trifle would melt.
  • bigblackdog
    bigblackdog Posts: 1,076 Forumite
    Options
    FatAndy wrote: »
    i was hoping the trifle would add a certain sweet and sour twang to the stew , the custard would make it creamy surely , your meant to have apple with pork so strawberries will give the sweetness lacking from the apples , not as mad as it sounds
    my favourite food is spare ribs
  • meerustar
    meerustar Posts: 8,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I've just got back from Morrisons and forgot about this offer (how un-mse is that, lol) but remembered when I seen a group of people pushing and shoving near the fridge ... lunatics they were :rotfl:

Right next to them were 2 members of staff with a pallet sky high of the stuff .. I walked up, got two lots with no kick off and walked away. Honestly, you'd think these people had never been fed .. funny though!

Got to checkout and told woman I had 2 lots, but was paying my bill in 2 parts anyway (2 x £40+ reciepts for £25 offer) and she was fine about it :T

As for the 'buy one get two free' on the prawns, I checked these but they had to be eaten by 17th December and had previously been frozen, so no good for xmas dinner (no one here likes them but we have them as a starter for the out-laws) .. something to be aware of if anyone has bought them and frozen them for xmas .. you don't wanna spend xmas day with the squits :rotfl::rotfl:
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I can never understand why they bother with these 'one per customer' restrictions.

It makes the shop look like it's trying to be fair and anyone trying to buy more than the limit looks bad.

As you say, it is an easy restriction to get round, but if you do get round it then you are doing wrong not the shop.
  • FatAndy
    Options
    It makes the shop look like it's trying to be fair and anyone trying to buy more than the limit looks bad.

As you say, it is an easy restriction to get round, but if you do get round it then you are doing wrong not the shop.

I'm not suggesting that anyone should do this and I (genuinely) never have, I just think it's a pointless restriction. Of course I might have been tempted to buy two festive feasts but unfortunately that option was taken out of my hands because someone forgot to send the trifles to Colwyn Bay so I can't even buy one lot :mad:.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills