Expired - Morrisons festive feast £4 from Thursday 10th, 3 days only

Options

Comments

• Hazel2000
    Options
    sorry if this is wrong place bought this as never cooked pork joint before so can anyone advise good way to cook? have slow cooker as well as oven
    thanks in advance
  • tessie_bear
    Options
    i got the offer in binley this morning...the fridge was half full...seems very reasonable...id roast the pork but u could do it in a sc
    onwards and upwards
  • sinw
    sinw Posts: 7,771 Forumite
    Options
    heads up to morrisons they got there act together with this one, appears loads in everywhere, i got another 2day from winsford cheshire
    SIMPLES!
  • blondi1
    blondi1 Posts: 273 Forumite
    Options
    this is such a great deal! i sent my mum shopping yesterday, plenty still left in stock, so we're having it for tea tonight :)

x
    Wins
    Big Bang Theory DVD, Theatre Tickets, 4 'Galaxy' books, 8 Cadbury choccie packs, Jackson Browne tickets, DVD, Signed 'Marley and Me' poster, Avon eye-shadow set, SPA Treatment, Paul Mitchell shampoo, kids book, Cricket tickets, shampoo, Doritos vouchers x 18, Digital Camera, Girls night out tickets, BME tickets & goody bag

• chesky369
    chesky369 Posts: 2,590 Forumite
    Options
    .....can anyone advise good way to cook?

There are usually instructions on the wrapping which give you an idea. But, you should get a Stanley knife, or a really really sharp knife, and score the length of the piece of meat on the rind. Then rub salt into the rind and then bung in the oven on quite a high mark for 15 minutes or so (with some oil or butter). This will help with the all-important crackling. Then turn it down and cook as the instructions tell you but keep an eye on the crackling and if it isn't getting really dark and crispy, turn up the heat again, so it does. You can always google 'pork loin recipe' or 'pork crackling' for more info.
  • chesky369
    chesky369 Posts: 2,590 Forumite
    Options
    PS meant to say that the closer you get the scoring, the crispier it should be!
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    chesky369 wrote: »
    .....can anyone advise good way to cook?

This will help with the all-important crackling.

There is no crackling on these joints, the skin and most of the fat has been cut off.
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There is no crackling on these joints, the skin and most of the fat has been cut off.

Mine made some very nice crackling. You are right they have tried to trim everything off but if you check it before you buy you can get lucky. :T
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • hellokitty08
    Options
    I am going to see if I can get one of these today with some Lunchon Vouchers! Fingers crossed as I thought I couldnt afford it, then remembered I had some LV's in my bag! Yay!
    Debt free since July 2013! Woo hoo! The bank actually laughed when I said I have come in to cancel my overdraft.
  • FatAndy
    FatAndy Posts: 7,541 Forumite
    Options
    Popped into the Colwyn Bay store at lunchtime and it turns they've been sent loads of pork, loads of veggies, loads of soup but no trifles so no special offer for us :mad:.

On the plus side the whoopsie section should be full of reduced pork joints next week.
    The fridge is empty, the walls are damp, there's no hot water
    And I look like a tramp and tramps like us
    Baby we were born to walk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills