Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Euro CAr Park fine - Control Account PLC Letter

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
16 replies 9.7K views
humdinger87humdinger87 Forumite
8 Posts
Recently I posted a thread asking what to do about an euro car park fine that i got when parking in Manchester which to me is insanely unjustifiable. Sorry for the heavy read i just wanted to make sure you have all the information.

Original post: Recently I drove in to Manchester for a night out and parked on a car park i regularly use because it is free (up to 2 hours during the day) but have parked there countless times before for nights out after 7-8 o'clock and have never had a ticket once. but after my most recent night out i was met if a ticket on my windshield. absolutely gutted and what a whopper it is! £70! on my notice it says the charge is for "D) OTHER - Park after shopping hours." i have never seen or heard of this outside of shopping hours before so drove round for the sign and low and behold there it was no parking between 8pm and 8am with the car park attendant looking at me with a big old smile on his face. yeah cheers mate.

i have heard that these private car park company charges cant hold up and wanted to know how true this is because £70 is a big slap in my face... heck thats why i dont drink! :)

can anyone give me some advice on how i can get out of this.

thanks

Followed the instructions that i was given and have seen that its a pattern that seems to go around with these fines which is ignore.

Today i received a letter saying

We have been instructed by our above named client and regret to note that you have failed to contact them with your proposals for settlement of this overdue account (which by the way is now £118.75)

This account has been passed to ourselves with firm instructions to commence litigation and obtain judgment against you. Such a course of action may have adverse affect your ability to obtain credit and would include costs, court fees and interest which may disproportionately increase the amount outstanding.

To avoid this contact yarda yarda yarda (pay up basically)

Obviously im getting really worried now and couldn't afford the first initial £70 never mind the new charge.... :(

Am i doing right ignoring them? :(

Replies

• ckerrdckerrd Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recently I posted a thread asking what to do about an euro car park fine that i got when parking in Manchester which to me is insanely unjustifiable. Sorry for the heavy read i just wanted to make sure you have all the information.

Original post: Recently I drove in to Manchester for a night out and parked on a car park i regularly use because it is free (up to 2 hours during the day) but have parked there countless times before for nights out after 7-8 o'clock and have never had a ticket once. but after my most recent night out i was met if a ticket on my windshield. absolutely gutted and what a whopper it is! £70! on my notice it says the charge is for "D) OTHER - Park after shopping hours." i have never seen or heard of this outside of shopping hours before so drove round for the sign and low and behold there it was no parking between 8pm and 8am with the car park attendant looking at me with a big old smile on his face. yeah cheers mate.

i have heard that these private car park company charges cant hold up and wanted to know how true this is because £70 is a big slap in my face... heck thats why i dont drink! :)

can anyone give me some advice on how i can get out of this.

thanks

Followed the instructions that i was given and have seen that its a pattern that seems to go around with these fines which is ignore.

Today i received a letter saying

We have been instructed by our above named client and regret to note that you have failed to contact them with your proposals for settlement of this overdue account (which by the way is now £118.75)

This account has been passed to ourselves with firm instructions to commence litigation and obtain judgment against you. Such a course of action may have adverse affect your ability to obtain credit and would include costs, court fees and interest which may disproportionately increase the amount outstanding.

To avoid this contact yarda yarda yarda (pay up basically)

Obviously im getting really worried now and couldn't afford the first initial £70 never mind the new charge.... :(

Am i doing right ignoring them? :(

Yes you are.
    We all evolve - get on with it
  • Should i not worry about this new letter then? Can these people send round the heavies (bailiffs) what other sort of letters should i expect to receive?
  • trisontanatrisontana Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should i not worry about this new letter then? Can these people send round the heavies (bailiffs) what other sort of letters should i expect to receive?

Do not confuse bailiffs with debt collectors. The latter are just private citizens with no more "special" powers than you or me. They cannot enter your property, they cannot seize goods and they cannot blacken your credit record. If they do turn up (very unlikely) you can ask them to leave. If they refuse, call the police.

Bailiffs only come into play if the case goes to county court (very unlikely), you lose the case (very, very unlikely) and you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders. Just relax.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • ckerrdckerrd Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    No need to worry - you have just received a threatening letter. There may well be more to come. Just file them and ignore them
    We all evolve - get on with it
  • trisontana wrote: »
    Do not confuse bailiffs with debt collectors. The latter are just private citizens with no more "special" powers than you or me. They cannot enter your property, they cannot seize goods and they cannot blacken your credit record. If they do turn up (very unlikely) you can ask them to leave. If they refuse, call the police.

Bailiffs only come into play if the case goes to county court (very unlikely), you lose the case (very, very unlikely) and you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders. Just relax.

Thank you... was just starting to worry quite a bit then, but feel a bit more at ease now. I will just continue to ignore any letters and hopefully they will give up soon :o
  • ckerrd wrote: »
    No need to worry - you have just received a threatening letter. There may well be more to come. Just file them and ignore them

Thank you too :)
  • fb1969fb1969 Forumite
    545 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Check Alx*27's signature in post 18 on this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2113989 and you should see where you are in the system.
  • Alx*27Alx*27 Forumite
    128 Posts
    Yep, check sig:
  • Alx*27 wrote: »
    Yep, check sig:

haha thats amazing... well i guess that settles it thank you very much guys and carry on the work of putting these cowboys down. Feel sooooo happy now :D

:beer:
  • Today, after almost 3 months I got another letter from ControlAccnts. I have had a total of 7 now from Eurocarpricks and them, which I am dying to employ as toilet paper.

The new one basically repeats the same old story with the only difference that they now feel it worth their while seeking litigation.:rotfl:

I have decided not to hold my breath. :D

Just wonder if anyone else had a similar letter after such long silence?

I have not and will not respond to their attempts at extortion.

I know where the alleged 'violation' is claimed to have taken place and note that every single day people are parking in the exact same place outside Halford's waiting to have stuff done to their cars with NO sign of a penalty note to be seen anywhere. I wasn't even in the country when I was supposed have parked there but I do know that it may well have been there as it was being kept in a service centre nearby and they, surprise, surprise, quite naturally also deny the claim as they know they should not have been out using it anyway. :mad:

Can't wait for the next installment! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks

How to save on Sky, Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and more

MSE Guides

Pret subscription loophole

Get a month's worth of free smoothies, frappes, coffee etc

MSE Deals