PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Need OldStyle Help! ...

Options

Comments

• moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jcr Iwill happily post my menu plans but I won't be able to do it until this evening I'm afraid as I have to go to see Mum in hospital in 15 minutes.

I'll also post some more cheap and easy recipes that I've written down which aren't in my menu plan.

I do alternate menus, I tend to use the same 4 weekly menu for about 4 months, then change them to take advantage of seasonal foods.
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • piratess
    piratess Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    Options
    Thankyou moggins that would be fantastic xx
    Hoping to be a thinner me in 2010!
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    i second taht. thankyou moggins.

i think i printed out nearly every page of the thread where black saturn posted her menu and there has been some amazing advice in their. i use it all the time.

i have a second freezer which we keep in the shed. we have found it wonderful. nut i know of peeps who have had freezers in their lounge. even bedroom. not my cup of tea, but it that the only spcae and it will benefit family then why not.
  • piratess
    Options
    jcr can you remember where you found the meal thread you have mentioned ?
  • wigginsmum
    wigginsmum Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    Options
    We have a second freezer in the middle bedroom which is rarely used (it currently contains 2 snakes in a viv, and a cat with a broken leg in a cage - the room, that is, not the freezer!). It's really helped to have more freezer space for bulk cooking, and it was the only place we could put it.
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • piratess
    Options
    I dont have any room ... i have a small three bed house 2 girls sharing one room me and partner in the other and toddler in the third box room we have a dining room which is housing the tumble dryer because the kitchen is sooo small ! :S ..
    i was thinking about asking my partners mum if she could have one at her house
  • jcr16
    Options
    i'll see if i can find it. i not very good at this but bear with me. i will somehow
  • jcr16
    Options
    hope this works

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=157526&highlight=black+saturn

it kinda goes off topic towards the end but best info at the begining
  • wigginsmum
    wigginsmum Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks jcr - I'd forgotten how inspirational black-saturn's thread was.
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • jcr16
    Options
    oh it really is an amzing thread, hence why i printed it all out and put in a folder. i seem to do this with all good tips and pointers i get from here. somenights i need inspration and i just sit ans read my homemade bible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure