MSE News: Barclays and Halifax hit by online banking glitch

Options

Comments

• MrLeeLee
    MrLeeLee Posts: 163 Forumite
    edited 4 January 2010 at 6:23PM
    Options
    My partner has been trying to log into her Barclays account since 9am this morning, as of 5:20pm she still hasn't been successful. I wonder if she will be able to charge Barclays a ridiculous amount for not keeping to the 'overal' package they promised to serve her? Like all banks do when the customer fails to stick to the rules for whatever reason?
  • Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fluffi wrote: »
    The "quick transfer" facility has disappeared -.

Because the Portfolio page is still screwed up. If you don't have an existing one ..... you should be able to set up a transfer (Transfers / Direct Debits / bill payments etc) from inside the source account.

But as that sometimes takes overnight to be available .... and given the current unsettled state of the system - I'd personally leave it until tomorrow if it's not essential.
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • OneADay
    OneADay Posts: 9,031 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    As long as they add a few noughts to my balance I will be happy (not after the decimal point though).
  • sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just managed to log into Barclays. I went to change a payment and it kicked me back out, but I managed to check my balance etc before I was kicked out!!
  • D1zzy
    D1zzy Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Options
    what's the link between HBOS & Barclays that they do synchronised death (twice now) :D
  • elfen
    elfen Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    Options
    Barclays is back working again. It's a little slow, but it is working. Kicked me out the first time then let me do what I needed
    ** Total debt: £6950.82 ± May NSDs 1/10 **
    ** Fat Bum Shrinking: -7/56lbs **
    **SPC 2012 #1498 -£152 and 1499 ***
    I do it all because I'm scared.
  • Bellebo
    Bellebo Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    We had money transfered into our Barclays account on Saturday from another Barclays account but its not showing?
    Its normally done done straight away on the first working day so getting a bit worried now!
    January 2010 Grocery challenge /£240
    £365 in 365 days challenge
    50lbs to go...
    Staying positive!
  • Nosrrud
    Nosrrud Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    [Halifax] I couldn't get in at all today, Only after I got back from work was I able to get in.
    Using MSE Feb 09, Forums since Dec 09
  • bob_a_builder
    bob_a_builder Posts: 2,308 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 January 2010 at 12:12AM
    Options
    trouble getting in all day, now able to get in

guess what, one of my (internal) automated transfers, scheduled for today, didn't take place which would have left my current account short for my CC payment going out tomorrow.

Would have gone overdrawn if not just noticed that - no doubt I would have been charged for the priviledge

Suggest you check any payments/transfers which where scheduled to leave any of your accounts today !!
    [halifax]
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is anyone else still having trouble? I can log on ok but after that I have to click on every option twice. First click gets me a 'page not found' message, so I have to click the back button and click the option again. Every time.

Every other site (including other banks) I go to are fine so I'm assuming it's still a Halifax issue.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport