Morrisons discussion thread [merged]

Options

Comments

• geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Aaaargh! Retail Disaster !!!

Just been round to Morrisons, searched the shop from top to bottom, but no Twinings tea bags on offer. Didn't even have boxes of 160 at any price.

Went to see the supervisor lady, who didn't know anything about the offer, but proudly showed me they had boxes of 80 for £2.24.

She went off to the office and came back to say nobody in the office knew anything about the offer. And that this store does not stock boxes of 160 Twinings Everyday Tea Bags.
  • ishtaq85
    Options
    The Island Delight Caribbean Patties are on promotion at Morrisons for 50p each. Good saving too
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Just been round to Morrisons, searched the shop from top to bottom, but no Twinings tea bags on offer. Didn't even have boxes of 160 at any price.

Went to see the supervisor lady, who didn't know anything about the offer, but proudly showed me they had boxes of 80 for £2.24.

She went off to the office and came back to say nobody in the office knew anything about the offer. And that this store does not stock boxes of 160 Twinings Everyday Tea Bags.

Massive end of aisle stack of them in my local one - just checked price and they are £1.12.

Also for any ladies shopping, Bodyform panty liners are 74p and s/towels 68p, some have the free lipgloss attached.
  • geordie_joe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Kirri wrote: »
    s/towels 68p, some have the free lipgloss attached.

Why would you want lipgloss attached to your s/towel, wouldn't that make it hard to get at when you needed it? :D
  • Kirri
    Options
    Why would you want lipgloss attached to your s/towel, wouldn't that make it hard to get at when you needed it? :D

I wouldn't even like to think about that! :D
  • spaceman5
    spaceman5 Posts: 2,716 Forumite
    Options

sorry for tat i got the size wrong it is the 80packs of twinings everyday teabags and they are lf price at £1.12, god knows why they did not know why they did not know about the offer on the 80`s though, if she took box out back, i think a member of staff telling porkies:eek:
    Take every day as it comes!!
  • Furny
    Furny Posts: 846 Forumite
    Options
    British Rump Steak down from £11.48 to £5.74perkg- offer ends Sunday.
    Furnyx
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ham £1.00
    Dove Body wash 90p
    Organic Bananas 60p
    2 tin Mackerals for £1.50

Cucumbers up to 98p!!!
  • geordie_joe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I saw some marmalade at half price, down from £1.04 to 52p.

Can't remember what brand it was now, but it looked posh. I do remember the offer ends 14 Feb.
  • Kirri
    Options
    I_luv_cats wrote: »
    Ham £1.00
    Dove Body wash 90p
    Organic Bananas 60p
    2 tin Mackerals for £1.50

Cucumbers up to 98p!!!

Yes I saw the cucumbers go up by 18p in a week too as I buy quite a few, took me by surprise though as I didn't check the shelf price and only noticed on the receipt! They are also 98p in Asda too today.

Loose carrots are down 8p a pound though this week.

I hadn't noticed the bananas though, will see if they have some of those next time :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure