Black Horse loan/PPI

Options
124»

Comments

• sc280672
    Options
    Thanks for that, I found the post you're referring to. Very interesting.

I'm pursuing the claim now on the basis that they told us there was no way we could cancel the PPI. Had they given us the correct info/advice the PPI would've been cancelled before my ex made the claim and we wouldn't be in this situation now. The local office responded by saying that when my ex called in to enquire about cancellation he was given Lloyds number but he obviously didn't follow it up......bare faced liars! We were not given a number for Lloyds, we were told it couldn't be cancelled. Why on earth would we go to the trouble of calling into the office and then not taking it any further when it would've benefitted us to do so! I'm thinking they know really that we do have a valid claim but they're doing their best to fob me off.

I'm not entirely sure why the local branch has gotten so involved in the matter after claiming they could do nothing the other week. I'm sure they've probably been contacted by the customer complaints department in Cardiff, who I wrote to at the weekend.
  • gerryscot
    Options
    sc280672 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I've had a bit of a major setback with this claim. I found out yesterday that my ex-husband actually made a claim on the PPI in December 2005, we had just separated at the time and I knew absolutely nothing about the claim. An email from the local Black Horse office confirmed this.

Anyway, I may still have an avenue or two to go down and pursue this claim. They confirmed that my ex went in to enquire about cancelling the PPI in September 2004 and they said in the email that they would've explained that it could not be done without a charge. Ex is adamant that he was told there was no way he could cancel it and was not told about any charge etc. I got a copy of the terms and conditions of the PPI yesterday and after reading it about 50 times I can't find anything about a charge or any penalties given should the PPI be cancelled before the end of the term of the loan. It does however mention that a refund may be payable, depending on how long the loan has been running. Does anyone think it's worth pursuing this based on the fact that they refused to cancel the PPI?

I understand that it's more difficult, if not impossible, to get the premiums refunded once a claim has been made but at the end of the day this PPI was still mis-sold to us.....we were given no option other than to take it when we applied for the loan. I'm also positive that we were never given a copy of the terms and conditions having seen them yesterday.

Someone please help and give me a glimmer of hope!

This might help you. Wish you the best of luck. ;)

Some success to report with Barclays on a Barclayloan PPI claim.
    When I subsequently claimed (in 2006) due to surgery relating to the condition, I didn't even receive a reply from the Insurers.
    I also MENTIONED in the letter that there was a previous loan, (which the current loan repaid), which was also possibly mis-sold.
  • sc280672
    Options
    Received a letter today from Lloyds saying they cannot find any record of our policy or loan! The letter I sent to them was signed by both myself and my ex husband, he was the sole policy holder. Strange that the letter from Lloyds was addressed only to my husband! More fobbing us off I think!
  • sc280672
    Options
    Just spoken to LLoyds on the phone. They say it's absolutely nothing to do with them because it was Black Horse who allededly mis-sold the PPI. My hope is fading again. Any suggestions? No response from Black Horse Customer Complaints as yet.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Just a suggestion here, but maybe the Information Commissioners office (ICO) would be able to advice on this one.
    https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

Good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Vino
    Options
    sc280672 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Been in touch with Black Horse this afternoon to find out who the underwriters were.....talk about trying to get blood from a stone! Finally managed (without torture!) to get it out of them and the underwriters were Lloyds. I kind of figured Lloyds would be but wanted to know for definite.

I know it's a long shot but does anyone know if all these rules and regulations apply to offshore companies. I'm in the Isle of Man so I'm not sure if all this stuff applies.

Anyway, I've done another letter and I'll get it sent recorded delivery tomorrow. I am determined to fight this all the way cos I believe we could be due quite a nice sum if all works out.

Sounds like I'm in the same boat! - what was the end result?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure