What happens if you don't pay your water bill?

Options

Comments

• kaya64
    kaya64 Posts: 241 Forumite
    edited 3 February 2013 at 9:28AM
    Options
    agree with that
  • I can not believe that people are so caught up in proving their point that no one has seen the bigger picture here.
    Water should be free. FULL STOP.
    When we came to this earth many a year ago, did we have to pay? Did we all die of thirst? The answer you are looking for is NO.
    Over many years our rivers and lakes have been polluted to the point off no return. I personally never had a help in hand with that. Did you? We used to have a choice where we had our fresh water, wells, rivers etc... Now we moved to a house register and bingo here is a bill for you.
    We get charged for something we need to surrive. Where is the right and the justice in that? We have no choice we need water. We can not say "No turn off my supply I will just pop on down to the stream and fill my bucket till my hearts content"!
    People need to wake up and see its just another way to keep us enslaved to debt.Rich people get richer. The middle class seem to float on the high horse and the poor people make the world go round. The way it has always been. Because people can not look past their own views and stand up for one and all, unite is what is needed.
    Stop the taxes of us all, water, council tax, rent increase the list goes on.
    When it all comes down to it we are controlled by a piece of paper with ink on it. Who knew trees could lead life both ways! To live and to die. Chose which way you want to go. As one day they will charge us for air! Because we live for the paper not for the sake of living.
    I prefer to have the life we were meant to have on this earth. We are meant to live off the land. Not to serve for the elites! No one owns the land no one owns the trees, water and no one owns us!
    But until people wake up and stand side by side no matter what differences we have and take back the power then I can not see a nice world for my children/grandchildren to grow up in.
    I have never paid a water bill in my life and I do never intend to. I refuse point blank to pay for something I would die without. I am not a theft as you have labelled some people above.You can not steal something that does not belong to anyone!!! If anything I have been giving medication without consent due to fluoride now in the water along with who knows what??? The only thing you can accuse someone of stealing (if they do not pay their water) is chemicals which they never wanted in the first place. You see the point??? I drink bottled water but I use the tap for baths and washing up/machine etc..
    Happy to take on the companies for a basic human right, Just a shame I am fighting a losing battle. As too many off us stay asleep!!!
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    Options
    ниасилил патамушта многа букаф
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I drink bottled water but I use the tap for baths and washing up/machine etc..
    Happy to take on the companies for a basic human right, Just a shame I am fighting a losing battle. As too many off us stay asleep!!!

As we are asked to be nice to new posters, I will refrain from saying that is the most stupid post I have seen on MSE.

Is there a suitable area either inside or outside your dwelling that you use as a toilet, and are able to dispose of the waste? Or do you expect your sewerage(and water from baths and washing machine) to be treated for free?
  • societys_child
    Options
    jamandtoastandbutter
    Water should be free. FULL STOP
    Sooo . . you buy bottled water instead :rotfl:

~~~~ FREE BEER FOR ALL ~~~~
    (after all, it's mostly water)
  • samsmoot
    samsmoot Posts: 736 Forumite
    Options
    Water should be free.

I think that's a reasonable opinion. We have free health care, education and libraries, so why not free water? It's a more basic need than any of the above.

How about a system whereby all had a minimum free amount of water for hygiene and survival - necessities of life - and those who used more (to water their large gardens and to wash their big cars and fill their swimming pools etc) were charged more? If it were practical this would be a much fairer way of doing things.

As it stands the very poor pay much more in water charges, proportionate to their income.
  • keystone
    Options
    samsmoot wrote: »
    I think that's a reasonable opinion.
    OK then so let him harvest rainwater and use that and don't use the sewerage system either. Find other ways to dispose of his waste and being sanitary - that way he won't be using services that have to be maintained and paid for. That post is better suited to the DI Forum (Freeman Section) thatn MSE IMO.
    We have free health care, education and libraries,
    Of course we don't. What a naive suggestion.
    How about a system whereby all had a minimum free amount of water for hygiene and survival - necessities of life - and those who used more (to water their large gardens and to wash their big cars and fill their swimming pools etc) were charged more? If it were practical this would be a much fairer way of doing things.
    Umm - thats why we have water meters - you pay for what you use and for what you dispose of. Simples.
    As it stands the very poor pay much more in water charges, proportionate to their income.
    If you are talking about water rates then there is an element of sense in that. But I think the government have done something (maybe not enough) about that aren't they?

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • samsmoot
    Options
    We have free health care, education and libraries
    keystone wrote: »
    Of course we don't. What a naive suggestion.

Er...what? They're all free aren't they? You've lost me there.
  • keystone
    Options
    Er...what? They're all free aren't they? You've lost me there.
    Of course they aren't free - you have to pay for your usage via your tax bill. Bit like paying through your water bill for the delivery of wholesome wate to your taps and the removal of the dirty stuff via the sewers and its subsequent treatment for reuse. How on earth do think all this stuff is funded otherwise? Hey - just a minute - are you yanking my chain?

Cheers
  • samsmoot
    Options
    keystone wrote: »
    Of course they aren't free - you have to pay for your usage via your tax bill. Bit like paying through your water bill for the delivery of wholesome wate to your taps and the removal of the dirty stuff via the sewers and its subsequent treatment for reuse. How on earth do think all this stuff is funded otherwise? Hey - just a minute - are you yanking my chain?

Cheers
    The pedants are revolting!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family