Problems with Computershare childcare vouchers

Options
Hello

I was wondering if anyone has been having problems with paying for childcare using evouchers with Computershare. I transferred an evoucher payment to my childminder 2 weeks ago, but the funds still have not appeared in her account. Both myself and my partner have spent ages on their "support" line, only to be fobbed off with one excuse or another. I don't believe they have even started the BACS transfer, although the money is out of my account.

We will now have to pay my childminder in cash tomorrow - nearly doubling the cost of child care this month, hardly the great savings they promised when I joined the scheme.

Does anyone know if childcare voucher companies are regulated and is there any organisation I can complain to?

Comments

• scootermacc
    scootermacc Posts: 65 Forumite
    edited 12 November 2009 at 4:18PM
    Options
    Hi cheering bell. I have just posted a similar question on another thread - ComputerShare made an unauthorised payment of £243 to our carer, and after 4 weeks have failed to reclaim the money back into our voucher account.
    We are sending a formal written letter of complaint to them tomorrow, but I am also trying to find out who to escalate it to. They told me they are not regulated by the FSA (although I have emailed the FSA to check this). Next stop may actually be the local MP as they are (badly) administrating a government scheme here.

Also, might try Consumer Direct: http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/making-complaint/

Sorry i don't have your answer - does anybody else know who we can complain to?
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
  • Snarf999
    Snarf999 Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We had a similar problem this month, the vouchers went in around 2 weeks or so later than they normally would so we'll have to top up at our nursery.

Woman at the nursery also said that they're appalling in answering calls, I was on for over half an hour waiting for an answer in the morning.

Also, keep an eye on the auto-payment if you have one set up. Whereas the old Busybees account would just keep trying to pay until the funds will available, the Computershare account will stop trying to pay after 5 days and cancel the auto-payment (without actually telling you!). So if you don't notice then payments won't be made until you set up another auto-payment!
  • scootermacc
    Options
    I have had advice today that we may be able to complain to Trading Standards about this company (from someone who works for Trading Standards themselves). As last post, we are sending a formal letter of complaint by recorded delivery tomorrow to computershare, with a 14 day response requested.

will keep you updated.
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
  • cheering_bell
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I've just sent an email off the the FSA for advice. I'll look into trading standards too.

Today, Computershare's excuse for not transfering the funds was "IT problems." How hard can it be to set up a BACs transfer? We are keeping our fingers crossed for Friday, when my carer should have the funds. This is the first time I've used the vouchers, it will probably be the last.

Computershare have set up a new call support centre with a free phone number 0800 0430 860.
  • Snarf999
    Options
    Computershare have set up a new call support centre with a free phone number 0800 0430 860.

They have? Where is this number listed? All I can find on their website is the 0845 number - is the new support centre any better than the other one (I'm not sure how it could be worse!).
  • cheering_bell
    Options
    They seem to answer the phones quicker with the new number - I spotted it on another forum (I think it was Mumsnet). My partner was only on hold for 3 minutes yesterday - a big improvement. I don't understand why they haven't published it in their website though.

We've had quite a lot of email contact with them now. Although we seem to be getting passed around quite a bit, which has not helped to clarify what is going on. Everyone has there own excuse to tell. Still no news that our childminder has been paid yet - should be either today or Monday. We've ended up paying her for the remainder anyway, must be easier to get a refund from a childminder that Computershare.
  • catz1ct
    catz1ct Posts: 828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know someone on the inside who said they have screwed something up regarding the vouchers but I can't remember what it was. They are known for very bad customer service.
    :rotfl:
  • :mad: This company has delusions of adequacy!

I tried to cancel our vouchers last month (October) after my wife was made unemployed. Well despite what they say you cannot cancel evouchers online, and could not get through on the phone, just held for ages. Eventually emailed them 29 October asking to cancel. This was not acknowledged. Eventually got through on 06 Nov only to be told that I had missed the 04 Nov deadline for altering payments.

I hit the roof and pointed that I had been trying to contact them and even emailed. They agreed to cancel next deduction from my salary and sent me email confirming this.

Come 20 Nov £243 is deducted from my salary and I go ballistic. Computervouchers is attitude is ask your carer to refund it! (the carer I am no longer sending my child to!).

I contact the nursery only to find out that they have not received a payment since 01 October!

Called Computerwang to ask them what they are playing at and I am advised that they can set up a BACs payment this week (how very nice of them!).

I have now run out of printable metaphores to describe this complete shower.

I am now faced with the conundrum of what do I do if I need this facility again!
  • For anyone interested in the Computershare Vouchers debacle, I found an article on Busy Bees website about their purchase by Computershare.

Chairman and UK MD of Computershare is named as Chris Morris.

Guess who I am writing to....!
  • Snarf999
    Snarf999 Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Apparently our company has become fed up with them (which is remarkable as they only took over BusyBees recently) and is looking at a couple of different voucher providers. I've started getting "your payment has failed" emails (which is one up on last month), so I expect the payment to be cancelled soon and have to set up another one :mad:

I'd be interested to see your response from Mr Morris, as they've managed to go from Hero to Zero in a couple of months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure