We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2010 MF Wannabes

1…5859616364…161

Comments

  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    No 128 - made OP today as no council tax to pay this month but manage to send it twice as website was playing up so will keep it as £150
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

    "I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    Hi All, I left this challenge in 2008 when my share of refurbishment of my leasehold flat was £23,000 and I had no choice but to pay it. I lost heart as I had to borrow money (and add to my mortgage to pay for it). But my debts are now down to £8k and it's on 0% so I'm back, back, back. My aim is to cut £20k from the capital by the end of the year. In February I paid £30.04 a day in interest, I need to get that down ASAP.
    Mortgage House £68,000 July 2019, Aug £67k, Sep £66k.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,920 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I've got to 50% of my 2010 target this morning, £5000/£10,000 :)
  • uzubairu
    uzubairu Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    My total payments for February were £990.00.

    Year to date total is £1,990.00.
  • ekroys17
    ekroys17 Posts: 207 Forumite
    Hi
    No. 93 reporting in for March overpayment - £572
    Called Birmingham Midshires this morning for an update my YTD overpayment is £1716 paid so far, my total target for the year is £6000 so 28% paid off so far.

    My overall balance since the start of the year has reduced by £3804 meaning my total outstanding mortgage balance is now £116011.51 -the 11.51 is starting to bug me.

    I have asked if they accept debit card payment for any additional overpayments and they said no, I need to send a cheque in.

    I have been reading the posts and we are all doing really well - keep up the good work guys n gals
  • Ayeshalush
    Ayeshalush Posts: 636 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    My overpayments in Feb were £352.59. Not a huge amount but at least I'm heading in the right direction.:D
  • DansMum_2
    DansMum_2 Posts: 948 Forumite
    MFW161 calling.....

    Howdy Doody :D

    Reporting that my March OP has been done another £253.02 paid off (I'd forgotton that I'd set this up automatically for the first D'oh!!! )

    Current balance is £54695.67 :j

    Lets have a beer :beer: Cheers xx
    MFW 2011 No. 161 £946.54/£2000 Target
    April 9/15 :p March 14/15 :( Feb NSD 15/14 :D
    April GC £121.00/£130 March GC £127.60/£150 :D
    I Love my Furbabies :smileyhea
  • wilsons
    wilsons Posts: 87 Forumite
    Managed £172 for my first March overpayment. Have about 5 million birthdays in March so that OP will probably be my first and last in March!!

    Well done all, keep er lit…
  • utopiah
    utopiah Posts: 316 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    my first op this year of £450:j
    Mortgage free 25/9/2019 8years and 7 months early 😁😁😁
  • Number 119 here!

    March overpayment of £400 now gone through, and another chunk put away for a one off payment towards end of March. Cant wait to get under 20 grand, that light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.