2010 MF Wannabes

Comments

• cake21
    cake21 Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    jackie_w wrote: »
    Not sure what my current mortgage balance is though, if you need this info I will call Abbey tomorrow to get it.

Welcome jackie_w!

We don't need to know your mortgage balance, but of course feel free to share, e.g. when you reach a round number, or a special number, or you just want to share :j

I've put you in at no. 21, any takers for no. 18? :D

(fellow geeks - a quarter of the challengers so far are all aiming for £5k; nerd, moi? :rotfl:)
  • ive just filled in your speadsheet form, not sure how i update after this, do i add this page as a fave?.
    i had a great year this year overpaying but ive built up a balance on a c/c, luckily its 0% for now so im aiming for a conservative £2000 O.P. for 2010:T
    Mortgage free:beer:

[/COLOR]
  • Please sign me up, with a target of £3000 for the year. Its all in flux at the moment as trying to remortgage. My details are in my signature. Thanks, cake.
    Please do not confuse me with other gratefulsforhelp. x
  • cake21
    cake21 Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    golfiematt wrote: »
    ive just filled in your speadsheet form, not sure how i update after this, do i add this page as a fave?.
    i had a great year this year overpaying but ive built up a balance on a c/c, luckily its 0% for now so im aiming for a conservative £2000 O.P. for 2010:T

Welcome golfiematt and the other new signups :beer:
    Good question...to update, you can either use the spreadsheet form again or send a PM, or post again on thread; whichever you prefer. Naturally you'll be wanting to add this page as a fave anyway to follow everyone's progress :p
  • I'd like to join this too...I won't ask for my current numer as it's 280 and I might be waiting a while, I'll just take the next number! My challenge will be to reduce my mortgage by £10,000

Thanks

Sleepy Head
  • uzubairu
    uzubairu Posts: 1,200
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Hi cake21,

You're going to very busy with this challenge and the interest in just a few days is a good indicator of how important it is for a lot of us to be rid of our mortgages sooner.

Thanks also for linking to my (and other MFW's) diary in Post #1.

Keep up the good work. :beer:
  • Shineyhappy
    Shineyhappy Posts: 1,927
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi everyone:j

I am going to sign myself and DH up to this, although he is asleep and cant be asked;) Hopefully he will be just as keen as me. We have a £180k mortgage and would like to make a start somewhere.

We are currently renovating and furnishing it so money is being stashed in so many pots its crazy. Because of that, I will only set up a small target of £1500 for the year. Hopefully this will get smashed but its a start in the right direction.

DH did agree to money saved or won goes in the piggy so fingers crossed.

Good luck everyone:T
    Debt Free - done
    Mortgage Free - done
    Building up the pension pot
  • Hi all,

Well... I was going to join, then I wasn't as I thought it would distract me from the MFiT-T2 challenge, but what the hell - let's join in the 2010 party. :D

OK, numbers:

MFiT : 19 has gone
    MFiT-T2 : 1 has gone
    MFW2009 : 169. I'll not be that cruel :rotfl:

Happy to be the next number in the list. As far as targets go, I'd like to overpay by £2,750 in 2010 ie about £230 a month.

Less than my 2009 pledge, but I've got my sensible head on this time around and hitting this target should get me ball park to where I want to be at the end of 2010.

My normal mortgage payment includes a large overpayment already and my overpayments over the normal mortgage payment is therefore a second overpayment. Anyone follow that :confused:

Financial Bliss.
    Mortgage and debt free. Building up savings...
  • pammyj74
    pammyj74 Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    wow thank you for adding the links to the diaries, thats a fab idea :D

good luck everyone for the new year
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite

My normal mortgage payment includes a large overpayment already and my overpayments over the normal mortgage payment is therefore a second overpayment. Anyone follow that :confused:

Financial Bliss.

Not really, can you graph it for us :rotfl:
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure