🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

compensation lump sum while on benefits, will it affect my income support? plz help

Options

Comments

• viktory
    viktory Posts: 7,635 Forumite
    Options
    dawn7 wrote:
    viktory
    i have lotta lotta lotta cash, jealousy gets you no were dear. xx

get over it

Please use your wealth to purchase some spelling lessons.
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I suspected it before but I think you are right viktory that this is some sort of wind up or troll because the posts dont add up to make sense. Maybe it is a child playing on Mummy or Daddies computer but if it is an adult I fear for this Countries educational standards and an adult literacy course would be a wise way to spend some of this "money".
  • raymond
    raymond Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    dawn7 wrote:
    ray
    i no its hard to swollow when u get a lot of cash for nottting. yes notting. but jealousy gets u no were babes, xxx

What made you think I was referring to you ;)

Besides, I'm not jealous. I own 7 houses and my annual salary excluding investments is more than your compensation. I probably pay more tax in a month than you have earned in your lifetime, getting money is easy, keeping it is difficult and getting it to multiply requires ingenuity, I will still be rich long after your compo is frittered away on junk food and booze :beer:

Anyway, Spain has more sense than to invite parasites into the country to scrounge a living. Naturally this has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone on this thread, especially those who invent stories of compensation to get attention :D
  • raymond
    raymond Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    healy wrote:
    Daddies

Whoops ... should that be daddy's :confused:
  • healy
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I know, it was a test for our "compo queen".

Please note compo is slang.
  • singlehouseholder
    Options
    Haha, this thread has made me laugh, thankyou all!! Lets hope Dawn's grasp of Espanol is better than her very basic grasp of the english language......
    Viktory- you rock!!!
    RIP Floyd - 19/04/09. I know i'll see you again my best friend forever.

19/06/2013 T12 incomplete Paraplegia, down but not out.
  • victoriav
    victoriav Posts: 316 Forumite
    Options
    healy wrote:
    I suspected it before but I think you are right viktory that this is some sort of wind up or troll because the posts dont add up to make sense. Maybe it is a child playing on Mummy or Daddies computer but if it is an adult I fear for this Countries educational standards and an adult literacy course would be a wise way to spend some of this "money".

"Countries" is plural.
    "Country's" is what you mean isn't it..!

As an ex-lecturer with a love for marking in a red pen and tapping on computer screens with a ruler when wrong spellings are made, I felt compelled to point this out! Hope you don't mind.
  • healy
    First Anniversary
    Options
    victoriav wrote:
    "Countries" is plural.
    "Country's" is what you mean isn't it..!

As an ex-lecturer with a love for marking in a red pen and tapping on computer screens with a ruler when wrong spellings are made, I felt compelled to point this out! Hope you don't mind.

I feared any minor errors would be picked up by a bored pedant so maybe I should have kept my mouth shut.

It was the most obvious errors I was referring to.

At least you have proved you are smarter than boastfully rich Raymond!
  • singlehouseholder
    Options
    Thankyou Dawn, for your pm which kindly pointed me in the direction of an article, for which I have no interest in reading.
    I cannot see your problem flower?Why PM me, couldn't you have just posted the link, for us all to peruse at our leisure.
    I merely pointed out the hilarity of some of the posts, and hoped that your grasp of the english language bears no reflection on your Spanish skills..
    ps- no more pm's please, you'll only get my hope up for something exciting.
    RIP Floyd - 19/04/09. I know i'll see you again my best friend forever.

19/06/2013 T12 incomplete Paraplegia, down but not out.
  • viktory
    viktory Posts: 7,635 Forumite
    Options
    Thankyou Dawn, for your pm which kindly pointed me in the direction of an article, for which I have no interest in reading.
    I cannot see your problem flower?Why PM me, couldn't you have just posted the link, for us all to peruse at our leisure.
    I merely pointed out the hilarity of some of the posts, and hoped that your grasp of the english language bears no reflection on your Spanish skills..
    ps- no more pm's please, you'll only get my hope up for something exciting.

Dawn7 does seem to have a penchant for Pm'ing as opposed to posting on an open forum - I rather suspect she can't take the heat.........You and I are not the only ones that have posted on this and have received PM's.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport