Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!

Options
124»

Comments

• morag1202
    Options
    I'm sure you will let him know how they are taking the proverbial and wasteing everyone's time/money by offering you a place 50 yds from the last unsuitable one ;) Are you in a marginal? :D

At what point do you go to the press?
    Murphy was an optimist!!!
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    I am still trying to avoid the press route if I can. The local rag is always filled with skanky baby machines complaining about their housing and how it affects their sex life to have 6 kids in the bed with them, or how their kid's asthma is going to be cured if they get a 4 bedroom house next door to their mum (ignoring the fact that the room in the background of the photo hasn't seen a cloth or hoover since they moved in and the mum is photographed beside the cot holding a fag). The council is usually asked for their comment and the reply is generally that they haven't paid their rent for the last 4 years and have vandalised the place that they live in, so they have been suspended until these things are sorted.

I know that sounds snobbish, but they really are the people that give the Daily Mail total coniptions.

If the MP chose to have a constituent who was being p d around, I wouldn't mind that, but holding myself up for flaming doesn't appeal. If I'm so judgemental of the people to turn up in the local rag, I am sure I would deservedly be on the receiving end of just as much.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Trialia
    Trialia Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, I hope yours gets sorted soon. I still notice that the offer, albeit unsuitable, came within days of the MP chasing for a reply. Surprising that, isn't it?

In my first home on my own, the council didn't process my housing benefit claim for four months despite my chasing it up repeatedly. I was on the verge of being evicted under section 21 for non-payment of rent... Rang my MP's office, and within two hours I get a call from the council to say it's all sorted out. *growls at them* Amazing what a little kick up the butt can do for certain types of bureaucrats, isn't it?

*hugs* And thanks. Right back at ya.
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Went along to the pointless viewing this afternoon. OT, Tenancy Officer and council guy in charge of adaptations were all there. Council guy and OT told BF even before I got out the car that, for health and safety reasons, they were not prepared to allow me to even try and enter the property as the steps were so dangerous. The Tenancy Officer looked like he had been slapped around the face with a jellyfish.

It took 3 minutes from parking car to be on our way home. Not such a waste of time for me (luckily BF came home last night) but complete waste for OT and adaptations guy, as it takes roughly 2-3 hours out of their day to do a single viewing with all the paperwork and calls to cancel other appointments. And OT drops everything to do viewings, so is cancelling assessments to waste her time in unsuitable properties.

Ah well, maybe they'll get around to something suitable soon.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ah well, maybe they'll get around to something suitable soon.
    I do hope so. This has gone on so long, it's just crazy; and ridiculous to keep sending you out to properties that are obviously not suitable.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure