Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!

Options

Comments

• rogjen
    rogjen Posts: 282 Forumite
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your fall, I agree go to your MP also get your GP on your side do hope you recover soon.
  • crazy_girl
    Options
    im sorry to read about this, i cant offer any advice but i hope youre feeling better today
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Afternoon, everyone. Feeling less grumpy today. GPs refused to see me and said I'd have to go to A&E if I had fallen. Stuff that.

Got on phone and the HAs all said they only accept nominations from the council, so I have to be top of the council list first - and two HAs told me that they only have homeless applicants referred to them and can't remember the last time they had a transfer nomination.

Then I looked up the council again and the Leader is rather smugly warbling on again about his provision of big houses for people with lots of children and little flats for people in wheelchairs. Oh whoopy doopy do - yet again, the assumption is that disabled people don't have families then, and don't just need a standard sized home?

Don't worry, I had no intention of doing anything as daft as following the telephone advice. But I shall be causing as much annoyance and irritation as possible until I get somewhere.

Thanks for letting me blow some steam!
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Got a letter from the MP today. He's apparently meeting with the Director of Housing Services soon and will be taking it up with her.

Here's hoping for a successful result, eh?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    you have my sympathy,i had a seizure halfway down the stairs(again)the other day,luckily the stairs are narrow and stop me doing to much damage apart for carpet burns and a sore bum.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    I wouldn't mind so much if it were carpet burns, which is why I am happy to accept a house rather than insisting on a bungalow. I figure that the odds dictate I am most likely to bounce when falling on nice, carpeted, wooden stairs with some give and banisters on both sides.

I strongly object to landing on bare concrete, however!

I hope your carpet burns aren't so sore now, though.
  • morag1202
    Options
    Yay! - which MP is it?

Fingers,toes and eyes crossed ;)
    Murphy was an optimist!!!
  • shazrobo
    shazrobo Posts: 3,313 Forumite
    Options
    good luck with the mp jo-jo
    i was in a similar situation 13 years ago, and was told by the council it could take 10-15 years to be rehoused.
    after a year, i'd had enough and went to see mp, who within a month found me a suitable 3 bedroomed house for myself and two boys.
    enjoy life, we only get one chance at it:)
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ouchy, hun!

How are you feeling now?
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Just tired today...the bruises are fading, which is good, as the ones above my knees were jet black, raised and shiny (yuk!)

th_FILE0140.jpg

Nice, huh?

Feeling hopeful, as not only will the MP be up for election next year, so will the whole council.

Perhaps they'll believe the MP. If not, they get regular updates on the injuries.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family