• clairewop
    clairewop Posts: 8,007 Forumite
    Options
    ooh that looks Nasty
    Boiler pot £30.92/£1000
  • Trialia
    Trialia Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Options
    Jojo, I'm glad to hear you're getting better! This is why I put up with living in a shared house even though I hate the situation I am in here - if it weren't here, it'd be at my father's with concrete stairs, and I have HMS and FM like you. I've had five concussions from falling downstairs and hitting my head...

You shouldn't have to put up with this !!!!. I hope your MP can help you get things sorted quickly. *careful hug*
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
  • Unity
    Unity Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Crumbs Jo-jo this is awful! It is absolutely ridiculous the way this government has things set up. I do hope that your MP is able to bring some pressure to bear. If he/she doesn't, the next best thing is to get onto whoever is the prospective opposition candidate for the seat at the next election. They'll certainly pull out all the stops, in order to gain extra votes.

If you feel up to it, please visit either your doc, A&E or a walk-in centre, just to get this recorded on your medical file. It is a good idea taking the photographs but a doctor's opinion will carry more weight.

I hope you feel better soon and remember, when you do get a house - the SS Dept. always put a stair-lift in for you ;).
    Some people hear voices, some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever :D
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Just had a phone call from the OT - I'm going to be offered a three bedroom house (woo hoo). But it's probably unsuitable, according to her, as it's pretty inaccessible and the chances are that it cannot be adapted. So she's going to have a look at it first and then let me know if it's OK before I traipse up there and check it out.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • morag1202
    morag1202 Posts: 536 Forumite
    Options
    Fingers crossed, toes crossed, eyes crossed and....... (must go to the loo :D)
    Murphy was an optimist!!!
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jo-jo, I'll keep my paws crossed for you. Have the bruises all gone now?
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Yup, everything's all healed atm, thank you for your lovely wishes and concern. Was told not to go to the house until next week, but just happened to accidentally get on the wrong bus that goes right past it this afternoon.

Flight of steps down to the front door. 50yds away from last house OT said was inaccessible due to the steepness of the hill. No parking at all, so no mobility car. Inner terrace, so no way of using/parking/charging a little motorised wotsit if things get worse or I have surgery.

Meh. I knew it.

Phoned OT and was told 'I know it's a waste of time, mine and yours, but we have to go through the pretence of going up to the gate and stopping there anyway.'

Oh well, didn't want to be moving the week before Xmas anyway.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
  • Invasion
    Invasion Posts: 586 Forumite
    Options
    Oh Jojo, sorry that it's yet another unsuitable one! x
  • Trialia
    Trialia Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    Options
    *hugs carefully* I continue to wish you the best of luck, honey.

Similar position now, though not quite so nasty as yours! I've got the Equipment & Adaptations people coming round to assess my home tomorrow - and my landlady here has already said she will not allow her house to be adapted and I doubt it could be apart from a stairlift. The council's homelessness department said getting E&A to refer me for near-immediate rehousing would be faster and easier than putting me in temporary accommodation, so we shall see.

(Also, getting a place of my own will mean my housemates stop STEALING my food. Which I would like!)
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Thanks, I hope yours gets sorted soon. I still notice that the offer, albeit unsuitable, came within days of the MP chasing for a reply. Surprising that, isn't it?

Oh well, once the official bit has been done next week, time for another call to the MP...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family