We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club 17

1…14321433143414351437

Comments

  • rach
    rach Posts: 5,476 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Courgette wrote: »
    I also think genuinely there's too few things that are left secret in life and I can't wait for the moment when hubby hands me our little bundle and tells me what flavour it is :A
    exactly my feelings so for once I am going to make myself wait for something!!
    Well all through my pregnancy my mum and I were certain it was a boy. I looked down and my exact words were "Oh no, It's a girl" :o

    I'm not a very paitent person though :o
    When I was born by c-section under general anaesthetic, they said to my mum as she came round, 'congratulations mrs x, you've got a baby girl'. She had been convinced I was a boy and woozy from the anaesthetic said, 'no, it's a boy and it's called matthew'. :rotfl::rotfl:

    lovely pics kelinik

    Welcome Home Daisy May - hope all is well jopsey

    I'm in bed with the laptop, will be ready to sleep soon. I have a really busy day at work tomorrow followed by my evening course so will be knackered when I get in :( still, I need the flexi time!!

    DH and I started to move things around tonight, moved a bookcase into the lounge and put some of the baby stuff into the wardrobe in what will be the baby's room. In terms of a nursery, I wasn't really going to bother, and probably won't decorate as its rented so complicated, unless the walls look a mess when we move the bookcases...BUT now we've been given a cotbed, changing table and have a wardrobe and chest of drawers, plus will move small spare sofa in there it has kind of become a proper room. I am going to buy/make some new curtains and I will get hold of a cot set. I fancy the jungle type themes - dh and I have been on safari so it seems appropriate!!
    Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    SuzyWuzy wrote: »
    Mel - Sit down and have a cuppa ! Im heading to Nxt for the leggings this week too , there a bargain for £8 ! There not much in the nxt directory maternity wise so hoping the shop has a bigger range

    I am sitting with a glass of OJ with some lovely metal tasting spatone in it!!! I need to take iron so have the lovely choice of Spatone, which I thankfully have a supply of that I got given free....but this is best taken in OJ which gives me heartburn!! Or the lovely littel iron tabs which cause chronic constipation!! I have gaviscon handy for the spatone and when I run out of those I will go onto the tabs and I have a big bottle of lactulose handy for that!!! Pregnancy eh?

    Yes the leggings are a good price, on the website though there are two types...full length and cropped, mine only had the full length ones...but had some gorgeous tops:D
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    These are what I got to go with the leggings, I also got some underwear, but I won't show you that;)

    bow top This looks so different irl and has a lovely shape to it when on.

    Two pack These are my favourite, they are so smart and so comfortable.

    Dress I was unsure about this dress, but it is above knee and looks lovely woth leggings.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • SazM030306
    SazM030306 Posts: 1,317 Forumite
    Ooh loving the bow top and the dress! Might have to take a trip to my local Next :)
    xxx
    :heart2: THANK YOU MARTIN!! :heart2:
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    SazM030306 wrote: »
    Ooh loving the bow top and the dress! Might have to take a trip to my local Next :)
    xxx

    Oooops:o:p
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • SuzyWuzy_2
    SuzyWuzy_2 Posts: 659 Forumite
    edited 13 April 2010 at 10:45PM
    Love the bow top Mel !
    ..and the 2 tops - think I'll get them myself!
    dress is nice too.


    Feeling really dumpy and showing alot already, can't hide it at all anymore and I need to look decent for work next week.

    EDIT : God job we all dont live near you, copying you lol
  • SazM030306
    SazM030306 Posts: 1,317 Forumite
    Oops indeed haha!! Oh well, my £1.04 jeans from Ebay will cancel it out :D x
    :heart2: THANK YOU MARTIN!! :heart2:
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    edited 13 April 2010 at 11:01PM
    Haha suzy, I know! I was really shocked at how different I looked/felt with some decent tops on. I really recommend trying everything on though as I had picked up a few other ones that looked really pretty, but looked awful on and that bow top I sort of liked but when on it is really lovely. The dress I just sort of grabbed as a last minuter, and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it actually looked on:D I can always keep it all for a while anyway....you never know we may have another??

    Bargain jeans Saz:money:

    Off to bed...night, night
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • SuzyWuzy_2
    SuzyWuzy_2 Posts: 659 Forumite
    edited 13 April 2010 at 11:13PM
    Clothes definately make a difference in lifting your morale

    I got a gorgeous cardi from J0jo M3ma last week from Hale ....You been there Mel - Is it close to you??? I'm not looking for the link as I'm naff like that and not technical ..plus I'm pregnant ! ( an exscuse i use for everything recently!) ..it makes me feel so good when its on and not a bad price too. I love it


    Off too - this laptop is playing up and driving me crazy

    nite all sweet dreams

    x
  • gill_81uk
    gill_81uk Posts: 2,851 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Kelinik - what a beautiful family you have. Little Ryan is just gorgeous

    Jopsey - so glad you're home, what a lovely name you've picked. Glad to hear they looked after you well in Warrington. I live in Manchester now but my best friend will be giving birth there in July.
    Mummy to Thomas born April 27th 2010 8lb 5oz
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.