PAYG Mobile Broadband ???

My intentions may not be entirely honourable :naughty:, but a straight forward question non the less :D

Is anyone aware of any provider selling a pay as you go mobile broadband service, with no (or a signficant) time limit. For example - similar to a mobile PAYG top up - the minutes dont run out. So a service where you pay for the # GBs and have no restriction around how long you take to use them / or requirements to keep topping up every so often?
To Stooze or Not To Stooze - Theres only one option :D

Replies

• jobbingmusicianjobbingmusician Forumite
    20.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Tesco??????

What are your dishonourable intentions, BTW? ;)
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Pricy147Pricy147 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    do tesco do it???

low usage internet traffic (e.g. web browsing) = low GB usage
    a contract charging per gb (rather than per month, etc) = low cost internet usage = cheap option for new broadband connection = ....you can guess the rest......
  • jobbingmusicianjobbingmusician Forumite
    20.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    lolol. Well, I think Asda are supposed to be the cheapest per minute provider, and yes, Tesco do it as well. I think I was originally thinking of Asda. But I don't know about their browsing charges. I think you are probably on the right site to find out, tho, as Martin does regular updates about cheapest providers, and its bound to tell you about minutes' expiry....
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • ManAtHomeManAtHome Forumite
    8.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    3 do them - choice of dongle only or pre-paid 1, 3, or 12GB - pretty sure these don't 'time out' (worth a doble-check, few years since I had one)
  • UgiUgi Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Looks like Vodafone give you 9 months to use your credit at £15/GB:
    http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-2307.aspx
    Ugi

PS perhaps obviously, go by Quidco/TCB for cashback.
    MSE "bonus" so far (since Oct '09): Cashback £450+, GIOLing - £8K & counting
    [GREENHIGHLIGHT]With any luck, we won't be needing luck![/GREENHIGHLIGHT]
  • k_tk_t Forumite
    59 Posts
    Vodafone...
  • misskoolmisskool Forumite
    12.8K Posts
    moved to internet forum where it's more suited.
    1.3K Posts
    hmmm some interesting leads thanks......

1gb should last years for normal browsing - so cost would be justified. I have 500mb on my phone per month - and have probably used about 20mb in 4 months. Ok - usage on a PC will be signficantly higher - but still dont expect to use mor than 1gb per year for browsing bookie web sites, MSE, etc.

My virgin 20mb broadband can then by used for my other not so honourable activity :D
    1.3K Posts
    anyone know if this one has a time limit?

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-9333.aspx
  • UgiUgi Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    As of March this year, this review suggested top-ups lasted 30 days.

http://www.ciao.co.uk/3_Mobile__Review_5823642

Vodafone make a thing of their top-ups not timing out after 30 days, so I guess that is the norm.

Ugi
    MSE "bonus" so far (since Oct '09): Cashback £450+, GIOLing - £8K & counting
    [GREENHIGHLIGHT]With any luck, we won't be needing luck![/GREENHIGHLIGHT]
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Mortgage rates

What can you (or should you) do?

MSE News

Train strikes

Your refund rights explained

MSE News