PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,566 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Frith, such a catalogue!

Fetch out that sternly strong non-alcoholic tonic now!

Are we all approving of Jack Dee as Head of ISIHAC? No-one can be Humph, of course, but Jack can be Jack and his deadpan is splendidly droll.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,195 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, like Jack Dee. Now I am talking to MrN, perhaps I can ask him for my Clue CD back which was in the depths of his car last time I saw it!
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jack is a worthy successor :)

Just written the first draft of my personal statement for teacher training course and have emailed it to my mum, OH and a teacher friend for their opinions.........gulp. Hope they'll be kind! Right, bed beckons, this unemployment lark is tiring!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,969 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes, I like Jack. Loved "One Song...!" and scottish songbook :D
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • ampersand
    Options
    Agreed, vjm - reminded me of the handsome 2 vol pair of Scottish Songs. circa 1860, I took to Spitalfields last week...then lacked room to display.
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Purple_kitten
    Options
    Another Jack Dee fan over here.

And Vjsmumm Korea wow jet set!
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening. Hadn't realised how late it was.

1. Another NSD.

2. Yet more sticking to my low-carb eating plan. I'm feeling thinner in a stopping-being-bloated kind of way.

3. Very good tuna salad for lunch.

4. Spent a large fraction of the evening waiting for DS1 ready to ferry him from A to B. However, I didn't have anything to do other than accounts so I got loads done. Will bank a bunch of cheques tomorrow.

5. Some good chats in the car with DS1 while I was driving.

Sweet dreams

B x
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Being from luton i loved the meaning of dunstable - not luton :rotfl: and the favourtie things to the funeral march was the best ostttoa yet. Anyone up for a game of mornington crescent? I'll start. Bond Street
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • DD. canna beet that on the Monopoly rules variant! But put me down for Leicester Square, fancy the flicks later.

Churning Muckers.

Five from the oipad

1 Holiday at last, shovel and spade packed in Sonny Truck. Off to the beach we go. Buffer, tooooooooooooooooooooo late this year, so a bit of snogs inn instead.

2 Grate wakes up music just the nose on Lassics FM. The signature tune of the Mossies, or Mosquitos as it is known as. passed out to that 33 years ago.

3 Scrub the above years, makes me feeeeeeeeeeel old.

4 Proper porage with milled oats. Yummmmmmmmy. Dolllllops of raspberry jame, seeds and warts. Descrumptuous.

5 Now for the feet up.

Hugs to those growing tots and all.
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • ampersand
    Options
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    Being from luton i loved the meaning of dunstable - not luton :rotfl: and the favourtie things to the funeral march was the best ostttoa yet. Anyone up for a game of mornington crescent? I'll start. Bond Street
    ###########
    Avast ye there, dd -

I'm not sure we've settled on variations, considering it's the fête du:
    http://www.saint-dicton.com/
    [thus requiring strong stomachs]

Also, this is an International, being played away, so transversals ARE allowed.

Therefore, from your Bond Street, I'm heading back to beloved R's old stamping ground: West Hampstead[where we met, incidentally]
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure