PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• camNolliesMUMMY
    Options
    Hello I'm back.

1 walked to school with the kids and friend, the fresh air woke me up abit.
    2 cleaned up and vacuumed
    3 plumber man came to service the boiler, seemed very friendly so I offered him a brew.
    4 went and bought the new call of duty from tesco and saved a fortune as well as getting the game for £25 and used my vouchers.
    5 dinner is in the sc, got one of those maggi chicken shake bag things fries and veg smells yummy. :)
    Ds2 born 3/4/12 8lbs 8.5:j
    Ds1 born 28/4/07 9lb 8 :j
    Frugal, thrifty, tight mum & wife and proud of it lol
    :rotfl::j
    Make money for Xmas challenge 2014 £0/£270
  • Chickenopolis
    Options
    Good evening all !

6 for today

1. Looked after Miss. Barker , my Mum's dog whilst she went out for the day .

2. Caught up with the backlog of emails and such like.

3. My cousin sent me a text to say that she has missed me whilst I have been (and still am :)) on holiday.

4. OH out, so had some time to myself for the first time in about 10 days .

5. OH came back and made me a small portion of chow mein for tea using yesterdays left over chicken - which didn't taste remotely "Second hand" :rotfl:

6. The best for last- feeling back to my near normal (albeit skinnier) cheeky self !

Have a good evening all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. NSD

2. Applied for a couple of jobs and have a couple in the pipeline to apply for tomorrow.

3. Plumber came over and gave me some ideas for dodgy pipework in the kitchen. Just hope it doesn't cost too much!

4. Nice chat with mummykins on the phone.

5. Rainbows was manic but fun, wonder if its a full moon, they were all very very excitable tonight!

Going to have an early night, still feeling a tad grotty with this silly cold and really tired.......
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Evening

Chicken - Lovely to have you back and glad you had a good holiday. Hope you feel better soon.
    Frith & Kittikins - Get well NOW
    VJsmum - I do my YUM letters free hand so not very neat so hope neat letters are not the law

Pleasures for today,
    1. Even though left the house at silly o'clock made sure OH and DD had packed lunches and breakfast.
    2. As travelled 1st class today I got breakfast on the train. Very yummy full english on the way back got sandwich, crisps and cake washed down with a vodka and tonic. I love it when work agree to 1st class travel. Also managed to snaffle a couple of biscuits and a bottle of fizzy water from the 1st class loungs to use in the lunches tomorrow.
    3. Got to catch up with some people in our Coventry office that I used to work with.
    4. Even though late back home tonight resisted OH and DD's requests for takeaway. Plus cooked enough for OH to take for lunch tomorrow.
    5. NSD as anything I spent today will go on expenses.

Hugs to all who need them.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening all

Welcome back Chicken - glad you are feeling better - and CamNOllies mum.

Still got my "Itis" but don't think it is any worse. Thank you for your good wishes

1. Met man from Korea from his train and we had a good and productive meeting. And the boss bought the coffee! It remains to be seen whether something more permanent comes from it.
    2. TOok Man from Korea out for lunch - Jamie's Italian - was LOVERLY. And work paid!
    3. Good board meeting
    4. Left overs for tea - a bit so / so but at least was minimum effort
    5 Watched two episodes of Blackadder with DD
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Welcome back chicken
    All the best for your son frith
    1) big spider in bath. Put in spider ladder (toilet paper) and when i got out the shower spider gone
    2) leftovers for lunch
    3) ampersand's mornington crescent reminder of the rules cheered me up no end
    4) tea and cake at work for colleagus going off on mattie leave followed by meeting with very good friend
    5) then meeting 2 of the dundee university curry club nom nom
    Just finished watching engerland highlights against fiji with DD2
    Night all
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Welcome back to the fold Chicken, sorry to hear you've had a lurgy but pleased you're almost back to normal to enjoy your work-free week. Thank you for asking, muttley is improving slowly, will take a couple of months yet but he's going in the right direction

1. Made enough dinners for the dog for the next 2 weeks from a chicken and lots of fresh veg. Just need to add biscuit, home made of course
    2. Repairs, a few stitches needed in a seemingly endless amount of garments. Only one left to do
    3. 2 loads of washing almost dried on the line, finished off on the radiators
    4. At last got round to painting the mini picket fence which has been outstanding for a few months. Brought in into the kitchen to do (which was first adorned with miles of plastic sheeting)
    5. Car cleaned ready for the trip to Dawlish on Friday

Sleep tight S
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    Welcome back Chicken, glad the holiday was fantastic but obviously not the D&V.
    1. I entered a free competition, well why not.
    2. Signed up for a Waitrose card as there is one over the road from my temporary work.
    3. Err getting sort of organised if you can all it that digging my gloves and scarf out well eventually, still have about a weeks worth of organising left to do small steps.:p
    4. A lovely freegler has offered us some plywood for a project DH is working on organising our pet stuff into the new shed going up.:)
    5. Using the free daily London and Kent on Sunday papers for litter trays.:o
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hiya.

My five for Thursday:

1. Another sticking to the diet day. Week one completed. :D

2. Did a supermarket shop and stocked up on lots of basics and store cupboard stuff.

3. Have cleared up from the sitting room floor and hidden at the back of my desk/table all the tangle of trillion cables that made the floor look a complete mess and dust trap so now it's empty, just the four table legs on the stone floor. It's all part of my 'get everything off the floor' decluttering. V. satisfying.

4. Moved on to tackle my sewing and knitting [STRIKE]basket[/STRIKE] wicker log basket (in another life), also stored at floor level, and discovered one completed knitted sock and the rib on the second completed. I'd completely forgotten I'd started these. What is more (unusual for me) I also found the pattern, counted the stitches on the needles and can still work out which size I am working on and where I am in the pattern which is fabulous because I can complete the socks now. I was feeling the need for some knitting.

5. Sitting and nattering at the sports session tonight and spending some time with my favourite 2 year old friend.:D

Sweet dreams

B x
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Having just woken after several hours -

1. Unworried, un-guilty over this. It felt like the final catch-up after SOS night.

2. Several things more consigned. First sale due week after next. Some rather exciting/pleasing news on a primitive English embroidery, old silks-on-paper, which I've had for years: not 1810>1830-ish, as I'd thought, but a century earlier. Fragile, given that it's on paper, but a truly charming thing. Fingers crossed. How on earth does something like this survive? It's so much part of what I love about the great game.

3. Checking mysupermarket.com online beforehand, found Sainsbury's had best deal for Atora suet and fly cemeteries[aka garibaldi bix], both lacking in France, but needed by M. Obtained[off my usual supermarch! beaten track, altho' in heart of Cambridge] and will post demain. No, suet and saindoux are NOT interchangeable. Graisse de bœuf, oui - but you need to find a butcher who'll let you have it, then grate it down.

4. Printed out free ticket for 'Silver Linings' next Sunday a.m.[Thankyou>Guardian] and will unashamedly enjoy 'feelgood' anything at any time. 'Potiche', by same means, was last film I saw, over a year ago. Check https://www.showfilmfirst.com to see whether tickets remain near you.

5. Passing a Superdrug, popped in to ask whether their occasional '5% off stamps' was running atm and it is![ends Christmas Eve]. 1st class booklets only, 6's or 12's. Any saving's worthwhile and I like to have stamps on hand.

6. Against forecast, it was a sunny, balmy, warm, soft day and this was mirrored in town and peep moods generally. It's a lift when this happens.

7. May have tracked down affordable[just]heavy duty plastic to cover things over winter pending works. I buy it cheaply enough in France - agricultural use, from Capel - but need more.

Returning to bed now, Spitalfields prep. demain. Won't attend cremation service[I can't deal with them, sound reasons and history]and won't beat self up about it. Donation being made which aids the living, as person wanted.

Welcome back chicken - sorry you've been part of 5 osp poorly club. Glad you're all recovering now.

Yes, can certainly feel that jet-washing anything would be an excellent cathartic activity for anyone. Lucky ss Frith, and all best wishes for first day at new school tomorrow.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure