Great ‘Amazon Shopping Tricks’ Hunt

Options

Comments

• amcluesent
    amcluesent Posts: 9,425 Forumite
    Options
    Sign up for Amazon Prime for £50/pa and you and up to four household members can also get unlimited free one-day delivery in items sold or fulfilled by Amazon. Fair enough, it's designed to make you return to Amazon, but that's not all bad!
  • DaisyFlower
    DaisyFlower Posts: 2,677 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone else find that they sometimes end up buying more than one of an item like a book or a dvd, because they put it in their basket before on another day and forgot it ? This has happened to me a couple of times. So it's always good to double check the quantities. (Obviously easy to spot if youre just buying one book, but you might miss it if you're buying a few things).

There's also a facebook ap which makes your Amazon wishlist appear on your profile page. Don't know if that will win you any friends tho!

http://apps.facebook.com/wishlist-it/

I hate that too, I often add to my basket daily and then checkout in one go at some point. They used to only add one item to your basket however many times you added it and you had to manually adjust the quantity which was much better.

I do like the banner at the top of the page that says "previously purchased" - its great as we buy many books and dvds and can quickly check if we have already had it.
  • Pokka
    Pokka Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    I filled out an email survey request Amazon sent a while ago and received a £3 gift voucher as a thank you. Not sure why they sent it to me, though thought i should post incase others have had this email and maybe haven't looked at it.
    Quidco: 999.76 cash back so far!
  • property.advert
    Options
    I bought a Skype phone from Amazon which had obviously been sitting in a warehouse for over 2 years. No problem but the batteries were fried and would not take a charge. Spoke to Amazon and they wanted me to send it all back but I pointed out that I expected any replacement to have the same problem.

I emailed back and asked them to just send me some rechargeable batteries. They said they could not but would I accept £6 refunded to my card to purchase some batteries.

Superb customer service. Reminds me how M&S was and sadly, is not more.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Superb customer service. Reminds me how M&S was and sadly, is not more.

You are so very right about M&S. They used to be absolutely the best at looking after their customers. Nothing was too much trouble.

Now their stuff is no better than anyone else's, it's more expensive, and the customer service is no better than average. And the website's just a joke.

If you take food, for example, Waitrose is every bit as good, with much lower prices - and the staff are infinitely better at looking after customers than M&S staff these days. Sad, but true.
  • A.Jones
    A.Jones Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    amcluesent wrote: »
    Sign up for Amazon Prime for £50/pa and you and up to four household members can also get unlimited free one-day delivery in items sold or fulfilled by Amazon. Fair enough, it's designed to make you return to Amazon, but that's not all bad!

It is now free supersaver delivery on any purchase (at least until the New Year). So unless you are desperate for products to arrive next day, £50 is a lot to pay for delivery over a year, when you can get the delivery slightly slower for nothing.
  • Heather_10
    Heather_10 Posts: 28 Forumite
    edited 29 October 2009 at 10:52AM
    Options
    The thing is, at the end of the day, I think if we are buying CD's or DVD's, I always have 2 or 3 sites I check and sometimes Amazon is the cheapest, sometimes not. I even found the brand new Professor Layton game for the DS in Asda cheaper than the net, so it is always best to shop around
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • jo-jo2210
    Options
    I always use find-dvd.com and find-cd.com to find the cheapest dvd or cd (obviously) online. Amazon has been near the top of the lists more often in the last few months.
  • Whatever1605
    Options
    Here is something that I discovered - I always went onto the Nectar website first so I could be re-directed to Amazon and obtain Nectar points for my Amazon purchases. But I never went back to check my Nectar account to make sure I actually received the points as I (wrongly) assumed the point allocation would be automatic. And, then I discovered that all of my points for my Amazon purchases for the last few years were never credited to my Nectar account. I reported the missing points to Nectar in July 2009, am still waiting for them to fix the errors and really don't understand why it's taking so long....:confused:
  • aitch-aitch
    Options
    Blamin wrote: »
    Become an Amazon Associate and add their link to their website onto your blog or website.

Then pick up 5% commission (Discount) every time you (or anyone else who goes via your website) buys anything from Amazon.

It's a bit of a long-term strategy as they only pay out when your commission totals £25, but if you're buying a fair bit from amazon (£500 is the trigger) it's a bit more discount.

This doesn't work - my hubby is a legit Amazon Associate and anything we order which is delivered to our home address or paid for on a credit card registered to our home address is not included in the commission.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure