'Kit Kat Crunching Crime' blog discussion

This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Read Martin's "Kit Kat Crunching Crime" Blog.
Please click reply to discuss below.

Replies

• divadeedivadee Forumite
    10.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it because he didnt give the other finger of kit kat to you??? were you slightly jealous lol :D

only joking i do both sometimes break it in half other times if im in hurry just scoff the lot.
  • JimmyTheWigJimmyTheWig Forumite
    12.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's nearly as bad as opening a packet of crisps from the bottom. You just don't do it.
  • FrugaldomFrugaldom Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got to agree, a Kit Kat is made for splitting and I hate the chunky ones for this very reason, they just aren't real Kit Kats! Apart from that, if they did away with the 'fingers' it would reduce the overall surface area available for covering in chocolate! :eek:
    I reserve the right NOT to spend:
    The less I spend, the more I can afford!
  • 456789456789 Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    I’m not sure why, but I was quite shocked at this, it seemed plain wrong. Is it just me?
    Next time put up a sign forbidding such actions!! :eek::rolleyes::p
  • It depends on my mood at the time - sometimes I just eat it as is and sometimes I break it into two. Have to say I LOVE the kit kat caramels that are out at the moment. yummmmmmmmmm.
    Scaryfairy :EasterBun

What goes around, Comes around - like it or lump it.
  • RabbitMadRabbitMad Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought you were more liberal than that Martin. If a man chooses to munch his kitkat in that way so be it.

I wonder what you'd have done if it had been the old style wrapper and he hadn't carefully rubbed his thumb over the top of each finger to expose the kitkat writing in the foil, followed by running a nail between the fingers to split the foil?
  • MSE_MartinMSE_Martin MoneySaving Expert
    8.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    RabbitMad wrote: »
    I thought you were more liberal than that Martin. If a man chooses to munch his kitkat in that way so be it.

I wonder what you'd have done if it had been the old style wrapper and he hadn't carefully rubbed his thumb over the top of each finger to expose the kitkat writing in the foil, followed by running a nail between the fingers to split the foil?

I couldn't coped with that - Im not so small minded.

Yet chomping direct - it breaks all the rules!
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • MothballsWalletMothballsWallet Forumite
    15.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martin, did he offer you a (Kit Kat) finger or just eat as if you weren't there?

If it's the latter, then that's rude - next time you buy a finger-portioned Kit Kat, "forget" to offer him any *evil grin*

Yes, I'm being evil (again)!
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?

I live in the UK City of Culture 2021
  • mehermeher
    15.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well it isn't fully chocloate so no need to treat it nicely, I lick chocolate and bin wafer
  • meher wrote: »
    well it isn't fully chocloate so no need to treat it nicely, I lick chocolate and bin wafer
    Why don't you just buy chocolate? :undecided
    This is my opinion. There are many others like it but this is mine
    :kisses2: Fiancee of the "lovely" DaveAshton :kisses2:
    I am a professional ebay seller. I work hard at my job, I love my job, if you think it's silly that's your problem not mine. :p
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides