Sylvanian Families Grabbits - please post here

Options

Comments

• Cantbeatabargain
    Options
    rhubarbs wrote: »
    Toys r us have updated their offer, can now get a free koala or panda family.

Think they must be running out of koalas _ when i was in on fri i noticed person in front got panda free :)

Great buy if shop has both in _ could spend £30 in two transactions and get 2 families !!
  • Ami82
    Ami82 Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, can i join this thread? My almost 4 year old dd has suddenly shown an interest in Sylvanians and i don't know where to start! It's her birthday beginning of December and then of course it's Christmas so i would love to pick up some bargains! But where do i start? She is very interested in the babies and nursery sets but i would like to get her a house for them to go in. What is the best offer on houses at the moment? When she saw them in the shops i couldn't believe the price for the little figures! :eek: Never knew these things are so expensive but i must admit they look top quality and very cute! TIA :)

Oh, i was looking at the Applewood Cottage but it looks small? Doesn't look like it will hold much am i right? x
  • mookie
    mookie Posts: 2,655 Forumite
    Options
    Ami82 wrote: »
    Hi, can i join this thread? My almost 4 year old dd has suddenly shown an interest in Sylvanians and i don't know where to start! It's her birthday beginning of December and then of course it's Christmas so i would love to pick up some bargains! But where do i start? She is very interested in the babies and nursery sets but i would like to get her a house for them to go in. What is the best offer on houses at the moment? When she saw them in the shops i couldn't believe the price for the little figures! :eek: Never knew these things are so expensive but i must admit they look top quality and very cute! TIA :)

Oh, i was looking at the Applewood Cottage but it looks small? Doesn't look like it will hold much am i right? x

Yes you are right, it is tiny we have the Rose cottage which is the older version, its tiny, I would say its lovely as an add on but not big enough to start a collection in.

The windmill on debenhams is currently the cheapest 'home' or amazon have the beechwood house for £49.99, that's the one I just bought for my dd, a few people here have said its an ideal starter house.
  • mookie
    Options
    Think they must be running out of koalas _ when i was in on fri i noticed person in front got panda free :)

Great buy if shop has both in _ could spend £30 in two transactions and get 2 families !!

I wish it was £30 spend I'd go back for some more :p I'm returning my mother at home set, paid £12.99 in tru, just ordered on debenhams for £8.64 and quidco has tracked at 43p, I will exchange for a room set to get better value.
  • Ami82
    Options
    mookie wrote: »
    I wish it was £30 spend I'd go back for some more :p I'm returning my mother at home set, paid £12.99 in tru, just ordered on debenhams for £8.64 and quidco has tracked at 43p, I will exchange for a room set to get better value.

Thanks for the reply! I wanted the father, mother and babies at home from Debenhams but the mother is not showing on site anymore! Trust me to urmm and ahh!
  • mookie
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! I wanted the father, mother and babies at home from Debenhams but the mother is not showing on site anymore! Trust me to urmm and ahh!

Its worth checking what other sets you can buy that include the same furniture plus a few extra bits to those with the figures (at home sets), for example brother at home has the cloakroom set which is £7.99 so the extra is going against a figure, unless of course it was those figures you wanted. I only bought mother at home because I want the fridge in that set to match the country kitchen.

Also you can join the collectors club for £9.99 you get 2 figures and 4 magazines, as well as some limited edition offers, I'm considering buying this as it seems like a good way of getting some nice figures. x
    http://www.sylvanianfamilies.com/
  • vinto
    vinto Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    hey pick me up 18 nov has toys r us discount vouch in it if u spend 30 quid - good as when spend over 40 in toys r us u getti free family. See the big tree house there for 64 although the box looked huge it looked rather cheap on the picture. Whats the best big house to get have 4 kids that will all play together so needs be big
  • building_with_lego
    Options
    If anyone's close to Bath I noticed some reduced SF sets in Eric Snook's The Golden Cot (round the corner from M&S)- hazy on the details but they were smallish sets reduced by half, ending up around £4.99- £7.50, babies were £2.49.
    I couldn't concentrate as I had an extra child to keep an eye on :eek:; if you need me to investigate further please PM me and I'll have a look on Tuesday...
    HTH someone
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm. :grin:
  • Cantbeatabargain
    Options
    mookie wrote: »

Sorry - was it £40 you need to spend :(

Of course :) more of us looking for bargains the better !!

I would recommend the Beechwood Hall (with lights) and add on conservatory as a good starting house...

although - as a nice starting set for a 4 year old and at a reasonable price how about the nursery sets - there are lots of bits for her to play with ? The Primrose Hill Nursery Windmill (which comes with some furniture) or maybe the nursery and or bus and or playground - and see how she goes and whether she likes playing with thema nd if so then pay out for a house - but as they come completely empty in most cases as a starter piece can be expensive as you then need to buy the families and furniture.

Not necessary the cheapest places for them but here are links so you can see the sets I was meaning.... iykwim

Windmill
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sylvanian-Families-Primrose-Baby-Windmill/dp/B000EIYZ8G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys&qid=1289754535&sr=8-1

Rainbow Nursery
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3844878/Trail/searchtext%3ESYLVANIAN.htm

Park
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3847930/Trail/searchtext%3ESYLVANIAN.htm

School bus (this only fits the children in not the adults)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sylvanian-Families-Nursery-School-Bus/dp/B002ZGXL4Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys&qid=1289754728&sr=8-2
    vinto wrote: »
    hey pick me up 18 nov has toys r us discount vouch in it if u spend 30 quid - good as when spend over 40 in toys r us u getti free family. See the big tree house there for 64 although the box looked huge it looked rather cheap on the picture. Whats the best big house to get have 4 kids that will all play together so needs be big

I reckon the Hotel would be good for 4 kids to play with together as it is large - Smyths are doing it for 129.99 with lots of free sets oif furniture... otherwise maybe Beechwood Hall again as recommended before>? The Windmill and Treehouse are good but limited on space for more than a couple of kids to play together in my opinion...
  • Ami82
    Options
    Sorry - was it £40 you need to spend :(

Of course :) more of us looking for bargains the better !!

I would recommend the Beechwood Hall (with lights) and add on conservatory as a good starting house...

although - as a nice starting set for a 4 year old and at a reasonable price how about the nursery sets - there are lots of bits for her to play with ? The Primrose Hill Nursery Windmill (which comes with some furniture) or maybe the nursery and or bus and or playground - and see how she goes and whether she likes playing with thema nd if so then pay out for a house - but as they come completely empty in most cases as a starter piece can be expensive as you then need to buy the families and furniture.

Not necessary the cheapest places for them but here are links so you can see the sets I was meaning.... iykwim

Windmill
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sylvanian-Families-Primrose-Baby-Windmill/dp/B000EIYZ8G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys&qid=1289754535&sr=8-1

Rainbow Nursery
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3844878/Trail/searchtext%3ESYLVANIAN.htm

Park
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3847930/Trail/searchtext%3ESYLVANIAN.htm

School bus (this only fits the children in not the adults)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sylvanian-Families-Nursery-School-Bus/dp/B002ZGXL4Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys&qid=1289754728&sr=8-2

I reckon the Hotel would be good for 4 kids to play with together as it is large - Smyths are doing it for 129.99 with lots of free sets oif furniture... otherwise maybe Beechwood Hall again as recommended before>? The Windmill and Treehouse are good but limited on space for more than a couple of kids to play together in my opinion...

Hi, thanks for the detailed reply! I had a look and spoke to DH and we think that your advice is a better approach to my DD's new found love in Sylvanian, especially the babies she is so interested in! So now need to decide which nursery play set to get and accessories! Going to have a search around to see if i can find any bargain ones now, thanks. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure