Sylvanian Families Grabbits - please post here

Options

Comments

• sirbrainy
    sirbrainy Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Options
    OT Sorry what is the interest in/ point of Sylvanian?

Got kids 5, 7, 9 and they are not remotely interested and these toys do not register on the radar.
  • Cantbeatabargain
    Options
    Ami82 wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for the detailed reply! I had a look and spoke to DH and we think that your advice is a better approach to my DD's new found love in Sylvanian, especially the babies she is so interested in! So now need to decide which nursery play set to get and accessories! Going to have a search around to see if i can find any bargain ones now, thanks. :)

Give me a shout if you want any advice on any of them... we have most of the nursery sets ;)
  • richmondhamptoncourt
    Options
    thanks for the info on this thread - just got dd2 aged (just) 5 the windmill which she has been going on about for ages. Got from Debenhams with 10% code and quidco tracked so very pleased. Made it a more reasonable cost. Aside from the car which she has this is her first real SF set. Could I ask what furniture anyone would recommend? I also like the idea of the SF club mentioned - is it good value at £9.99?

Thanks

Richmond

ps to sirbrainy (love the name) I guess each child is different. My DD1 never interested (now 11) but DD2 much more girly and always liked looking at them in the shops but always been too expensive - most upset last year when we could not stretch to the tree house that she wanted (however DS aged 2 also loves them so they seem to appeal to both sexes!).
  • Cantbeatabargain
    Options
    If anyone's close to Bath I noticed some reduced SF sets in Eric Snook's The Golden Cot (round the corner from M&S)- hazy on the details but they were smallish sets reduced by half, ending up around £4.99- £7.50, babies were £2.49.
    I couldn't concentrate as I had an extra child to keep an eye on :eek:; if you need me to investigate further please PM me and I'll have a look on Tuesday...
    HTH someone

I gave them a call this morning but they have all gone :( Thanks anyway ;)
  • FiFi_Mad_Mum
    Options
    Amazon have got the Fresian Cow Family reduced to £9.58

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/ref=pe_65741_22542671_pe_13/B002TUZXSI

HTH FiFi :)
    If you find any post helpful, please click the thanks button! :T
    I survived the M8 snowjam 6/12/10 - 17 hrs to get home :snow_grin

Brought: To Bring! Bought: To Buy! ;)
  • patricia39
    Options
    Misstress wrote: »
    Check out Debenhams online, reducing now!

Windmill was £70 now £56

Codes here

Still doesnt mean you cant find some of the SF cheaper elsewhere.

Oh and dont forget Quidco etc

Was really excited when i read the Windmill was £56, they must have sold out now as i cant find it on the site.

I managed to buy it from jadlamracingmodels.com in the end, they seem to do quite good deals on Sylvanians and Playmobil. I just bought the windmill for £62 Delivered, plus the motorcycle and side car for £20.
  • mookie
    mookie Posts: 2,655 Forumite
    edited 15 November 2010 at 3:04PM
    Options
    thanks for the info on this thread - just got dd2 aged (just) 5 the windmill which she has been going on about for ages. Got from Debenhams with 10% code and quidco tracked so very pleased. Made it a more reasonable cost. Aside from the car which she has this is her first real SF set. Could I ask what furniture anyone would recommend? I also like the idea of the SF club mentioned - is it good value at £9.99?

Thanks

Richmond

ps to sirbrainy (love the name) I guess each child is different. My DD1 never interested (now 11) but DD2 much more girly and always liked looking at them in the shops but always been too expensive - most upset last year when we could not stretch to the tree house that she wanted (however DS aged 2 also loves them so they seem to appeal to both sexes!).

I particularly like the bits it says included in the magazine, like making clothing and other bits for the house dd is too young for that but I'd quite enjoy that myself. It also says you get a members badge and I think its nice to have the magazine to look forward to my ds gets the free lego mags and he loves getting them through the door. I think with the 2 figures, a diecast collector badge and 4 magazines its worth £9.99, here's the info
    http://www.sylvanianfamilies.com/pages.php?pID=6

edit, I have just joined, I've chosen the grandparents and will see if I can get a good deal on the matching rabbit family. And hopefully I will take advantage of the special offers available throughout the year :)

Found this (last post) from somebody about the club, sounds good http://www.damsels.org/forum/showthread.php/201605-Sylvanian-Families-what-to-get
  • brudie25
    brudie25 Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    The courtyard Restaurant is only £49.99 rather than £69.99 on Amazon
  • richmondhamptoncourt
    Options
    Thanks Mookie - it sounds like my DD2 will love it - will go ahead and subscribe.

Richmond
  • Cantbeatabargain
    Options
    Sylvanian Caravan 29.99 free delivery on Amazon

Pig Family 10.45 free delivery on Amazon

Elephant Family 10.39 free delivery on Amazon

Pleasure Boat 39.20 free delivery on Amazon

HTHs ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories