What West End / London show's have you enjoyed?

Options

Comments

• EssexGirl
    EssexGirl Posts: 977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I saw Blood Brothers for the first time last night. Melanie C was fabulous as Mrs Johnstone. It was a very emotional show.

I would also recommend Wicked and Joseph, although I've not seen either show with the current cast members.
  • princess
    princess Posts: 278 Forumite
    Options
    For all the good reviews its getting, we didnt enjoy Wicked at all. However we have loved Les Mis, Joseph (Lee Mead), Blood Bothers, We will Rock You, Avenue Q and DH and DS loved Spamalot. Quite liked 39 Steps, and Billy Elliot, but wouldnt rave. I've recently seen Breakfast at Tiffany's, which I didnt much like.
  • bex2002
    bex2002 Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Absoloutly love We Will Rock you. Been about 20 times to see that and going again next week with some relatives coming over from australia. Wicked 3 times, dirty dancing amongst others. Have seen parts of many of the other musicals - jersey boys, mamma mia, sister act amongst others and want to go to see them when i get chance. Love going to the west end!!
    £27.76/£2018 in 2018
  • doogle_chick
    Options
    Another big west end fan here!

Wouldn't say I've hated anything although I didn't enjoy Sound of Music, My Fair Lady or Hairspray as much as others I've seen. Loved Wicked as did my 10 year old son and seen it 3 times now; seen we will rock you 5 times and love it more each time I go; Les Miserables - seen about 20 times all in; blood brothers was fab & very moving ditto Miss Saigon.

Avenue Q was probably the funniest show I've ever seen although you do need to have an appropriate sense of humour :D

Have also seen innumerable shows that are no longer on including Notre Dame, Chess, Zorro and Lord of the rings that were all great.

Really want to see Priscilla and Sister Act as have heard great things about those two.

For anyone planning a visit to London, don't forget that you can look at the website for the official ticket booth (for proper discounted tickets) to see which tickets are available for that day. It helps to give you an idea of which shows usually have tickets and which don't. Just go to www.tkts.co.uk and click on What's on sale today.
  • chappy
    chappy Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    InaPickle wrote: »
    I saw Wicked (a friend bought the ticket) and it was really pretty darn good. I would recommend it for someone with children more, I guess, but the production quality was really high, and the cast very good.

I must say I have to agree, we went to see it early October and it was a fantastic show.
    I went with hubby no kids there to old now and I would say there were more adults there then kids

On the day they sell 24 front row tickets for each show, tickets sold on a first come first served basis, we went on a Saturday so there was two shows, the thearte opens at 10am we got there around 9 and there were four people in front of us, got front row tickets for £25 each and the seats were fab and with the Apollo Victoria having one of the lowest stages in the west end the view is not obstructed at all,

Excellent show we both loved it
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've only been to one 'big'West End show - Chicago which I saw twice when Duncan James was playing Billy Flynn (obsessive mate :rotfl:) the second time we went we bought tickets on the door and paid the price for a seat in the gods and got 2 returns 8 rows from the front - we were well chuffed at that. We're also going to see Legally Blonde The Musical at the Savoy Theatre in December - (again obsessive mate wants to go - guess whose in it :D)

However me and said mate went to a small theatre to see a play called Pretender Agenda last year and I have never laughed so much in my life!
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • trying_2_b_good
    Options
    I cannot believe that some of you have been disappointed with The Lion King!! It is an amazing production and cast & I absolutely loved it when I went! We were in the stalls and the opening sequence was FANTASTIC from there! Best night EVER!!!

Also loved Blood Brothers, and looking forward to one day watching Wicked! Unfortunately I don't get to London often enough... :(
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge #148 - £59.93
    Crazy Clothes Challenge # 103 - £84/£200 £30 Coat/£12 shirt/£23 jeans/£6 t-shirt/£13 2 x tops
    Shoes £79/£100: Cowboy boots, canvas pumps, re-heal boots/ £25 safari shoes
  • mrfrostie
    Options
    leave all your morals and good taste at the door and go and see Priscilla Queen of the Desert- Hi Camp! big hair! amazing set! and great songs for you to dance along too -saw it in the previews and going again as a Christmas treat- its fabulous darling!
  • mrfrostie
    Options
    .....Besides Priscilla -La Cage Aux Folles is brilliant but ends in January and Hairspray is another let your self go feel good show! for something more sombre but brilliant you will never beat Les Miserables.... Oh and I cannot think how anyone could be disappointed with The Lion King -amazing.
  • Fivefootsix
    Options
    Billy Elliot was AMAZING! Would definitely go and see it again. Really want to see Lion King, Wicked and Sister Act next.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure