We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: Orange dashes hopes of iPhone price war

Options
15678911»

Comments

• stugib
    stugib Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    Jamey wrote: »
    Although it's probably fair to say that the lowest Pay Monthly tariff on both networks represents fairly poor value for money for the sake of saving an extra fiver on the standing cost.

Probably is if you work out price per text/minute but given the handset cost is the same on £35pm and I use about 10 mins and 220 texts a month plus lots of data, then I'm happy to save that fiver :)
  • Mic2904
    Mic2904 Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can anyone help me withnthe parceline.com delivery status?

I received a SMS from Orange last thursday, saying the parcel is dispatched. I havent expected the phone early, but considering the iphone should be with me 2morrow (acc to customer service), should the status via parcelline. com not change? It still says "customer data received".

Does anyone know?
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jamey wrote: »
    Bitterwallet have now published a story based on the MMS/roaming info:
    http://www.bitterwallet.com/iphone-on-orange-youll-pay-for-mms-and-texting-from-abroad/20848
    Wow, only about three years behind the rest of the internets. Well done.
    poppy10
  • MikeThomas
    Options
    I really am hoping that Vodafone come in with better prices, I have an iPhone but am hoping to get the next new one on a good deal.
  • lindsaygalaxy
    Options
    Mic2904 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me withnthe parceline.com delivery status?

I received a SMS from Orange last thursday, saying the parcel is dispatched. I havent expected the phone early, but considering the iphone should be with me 2morrow (acc to customer service), should the status via parcelline. com not change? It still says "customer data received".

Does anyone know?

I ordered my phone with orange today (an upgrade) and was told they will not be getting sent out until the 11th, and will receive a text confirming it has been sent out.
    £2 Savers club £0/£150
    1p a day £/
  • Mic2904
    Mic2904 Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I ordered my phone with orange today (an upgrade) and was told they will not be getting sent out until the 11th, and will receive a text confirming it has been sent out.

Yeah, fair enough, but they told me that the phone should arrive on Tuesday and got the SMS already on thursday.
  • greekswiss
    Options
    been with orange 4 years, upgrade date was today, phoned them up expecting some loyalty bonus, no matter how small. got offered.....absolutely nothing!

asked the question: "surely someone who has been a loyal customer for 4 years, due an upgrade, gets a better deal than joe bloggs off the street who has never been with your company???".......the answer? a resounding no!

when i tried the threatening to leave tactic, i was almost offered a red carpet to do so. it was obvious that both the upgrade and retention staff have been told categorically that there are to be no discounts from the published tariffs whatsoever

clearly, apple have got orange over a barrel regarding supply and orange have agreed to play ball in this price-fixing (something i had thought was illegal in the Uk? anyone know the legality of such practices?)

therefore, the hoped-for price war clearly hasnt happened, and i would take very short odds that vodafone are forced to follow suit as and when they take on the iphone
  • Sol00
    Sol00 Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The iPhone moving to other networks is clearly in Apple's best interests and not the consumer (in terms of competition).

The iPhone going onto other networks will make it more widely available to those who wouldn't have been covered by O2 etc.

The tactic you describe has been O2's stance regarding iPhone sales since November 2007 and I can't see this changing in the near future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure