Urgent Help needed!! Any Ugg experts out there?

Guys,
I have probably fallen for one of the most reported scams on the interweb! Fake Ugg boots. If you dont know what they are, you are of no use to me, but feel free to read on.

I bought a pair of Uggs from eBay for the princely sum of £90. Quite alot I thought I now know, not enough! The seller had 99.8% feedback on around 700 sales so pretty reputable, and not a massive ugg vendor either.

Anyway got the boots, and low and behold, they are fake. Pretty good fakes but fakes none the less.

I have raised the dispute with PayPal and they have frozen the funds. All i need to do to get my money back is get a letter or note from someone in the know to say the boots are fake! They later told me I have 10 days to do this or I loose the claim! Does that sound ridiculous to anyone else? I am the injured party, starting the claim!

Anyway, I have called all the shoe shops in my area, including "Bank" & Selfridges They both told me they would not help! So I called the Ugg Importer and their lawyer told me to cram it! So finally I called trading standards and they said they would not help. So I am screwed!

My question is this, would you or anyone you know be willing to view some photographs of the boots I have bought, and confirm in writing that they are fakes? otherwise in 10 days I loose £90!!

PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

:confused:

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Try posting on the ebay forum on MSE, there are loads of experts on there and there are already lots and lots of threads on fake Ugg boots on there
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I believe Office have authenticated for people in the past.
    Good luck
  • makapo
    makapo Posts: 66 Forumite
    Let's hope you never find yourself in any situations where Urgent Help really is Needed. :-)
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Basically UGG (TM) state that if you want genuine UGG (TradeMark) boots, then you have to buy from one of their genuine authorised vendors.

You need to try and see it from their point of view; what do they get out of helping you, when you weren't even willing to buy from an authentic retailer in the first place?

Perhaps you could try Schuh (or another authentic vendor), and say that you'll buy a genuine pair at full price if they will write a note of verification to say that the ebay pair are fake?

Ugg is a style of boot.

UGG is a trade mark and a specific brand of Ugg boots.

Was the ebay seller advertising Ugg boots, or UGG (TM) boots?
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Amistoso_2
    Amistoso_2 Posts: 1,216 Forumite
    Never buy UGG's from ebay, they are almost ALWAYS fakes, check out this e-bay seller, managing to sell "authentic" (yeah right!!) UGG boots for a fraction of the price and with free postage. Can you spot in the item description where they have written the words themselves and where they have obviously copied and pasted from the proper UGG website?!
    As previous poster had suggested try asking Office to authenticate them for you, as I know they have done this in the past

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-UGG-Classic-Women-Tall-Boots-uk-Size-4-5-6-7-8_W0QQitemZ180421936038QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Shoes?hash=item2a01fc43a6
  • lawp79
    lawp79 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Hi there, I very recently went through the same thing, the manager at my local schuh branch did a letter for me, actually they were very helpful indeed. Is the seller refusing to give you your money back?
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Good post pinkshoes, I was going to post similar but deleted it as I was being far too sarcastic...;)
  • Thanks for all the helpful comments! I suppose I deserve some of the sarcasm, but have a little sympathy with me. £90 is alot to loose!
    :mad:
  • makapo
    makapo Posts: 66 Forumite
    It wouldn't be lost though. You'd still have the boots. You could sell them on ebay as Ugg boots (not UGG boots). Just a thought. Good luck with your refund.
  • lawp79 wrote: »
    Hi there, I very recently went through the same thing, the manager at my local schuh branch did a letter for me, actually they were very helpful indeed. Is the seller refusing to give you your money back?
    No he says send them back and he will refund me! Well firstly, he has been booted off eBay so I dont believe him, and secondly, he will just sell them to another sap like me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure