Reduced Digital Camera's @ Asda

Options

Comments

• Otago
    Otago Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Just phoned Parkhead and Govan in glasgow for the X1 and they both had them reduced to £70 but none left now! Wouldve been a great find, as I am looking for a good quality camera at the moment.
  • viney
    viney Posts: 286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nothing in Slough, Maidenhead or Park Royal on the X1's or decent cameras. They just have the cheaper types
    All that glisters is not gold, except moneysavingexpert.com
  • susieb1967
    susieb1967 Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    tried fleetwood, did have sony and a kodax and some of the cheaper ones but no minolta or pentax ( which is what I wanted!!:rolleyes: ) rang blackpool and no minolta there either. Lady at fwood said they were expecting more in........... you can but hope she knew what she was talking about!!!
  • sophlowe45
    sophlowe45 Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    Options
    many thanks jgjet2 for the info!!!!! I've been wanting a digital camera for ageeeees and people kept telling me £70-80 ones weren't worth it, i should be getting £150-160 ones.....

and thanks so much dollywops - i wouldn't have bothered going to the Leam Asda tommorrow if you hadn't suggested trying them again - gave them a call - guy checked and said they had two at £70, so i decided to go get it today after work...he'd put the other one aside for himself! and i got the one he'd put aside for me, although there was still one on the display stand which clearly said £70....

there were lots of cameras reduced...and other electrical items too...this guy had also put a blender aside for himself...but i only had 5 mins to run to the bus stop so didn't get a chance to look at what other electrial items were reduced...but looked like there were some good reductions!!!
  • CAT-THE-FIFTH
    Options
    I actually looked again at the Canterbury branch and it was a Fuji F455 for 50 quid.

I managed to snag the last new one and when I went back later in the day both the display F455 and Minolta X50 were gone.

The staff said I was lucky since a women had reserved the Fuji and had not turned up the previous day,go figure....!

Saw the Pentax Optio WP it was still well over 150 quid.

What prices have you guys seen it reduced too and more importantly has it been reduced in all stores??

Again,thanks to the original poster.

Due to the fact Asda is not the nearest store to me I have not been there a few weeks...doh!!
  • sophlowe45
    sophlowe45 Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know if it is nationwide as I asked my Dad to check in his local Asda and a few had been reduced but only by £20-30 quid and the rest were normal price...
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    many many thanks to jgjet2 for this!!!! I had been keeping an eye on the prices in the hope of a sale to get one, after seeing this thread, just been down to my local and got the Pentax Optio waterproof 5mp for £95 from £229.95 - I got the last one apart from display one!!!! They were only just doing the price change behind the counter.

they didnt have that particular minolta one in my local, just depends what models they have.

thanks once again!
  • oadbyfox
    oadbyfox Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Managed to ge a konica minolta dimage x50 for £65, 12 x zoom, 5.0 mega pixels, 2 inch lcd
    Is this a good deal?
  • ozzyo99
    ozzyo99 Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    Yes its a good deal, if you in the market for a 5.0mp.
  • L.S.D.
    L.S.D. Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It seems Asda are having a sale over the bank holiday weekend & if the price is high now it should come down then. But not much left. I had a hard time getting one of the Minolta X1s today but with the help of customer services I got one for £70-00. Thanks to the original poster.

PS. The konica minolta dimage x50 for £65 is a very good deal, not as good as the X1 but still very good.
    Nice to save.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport