🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Reduced Digital Camera's @ Asda

Options
Just back from Asda and saw the reduced Digital Camera's......

Kodak C330 4mp With Dock £129.99 down to £87.99

Fuji A400 With Printer Dock £149.99 down to £105.99

Sony DSC-P200 £239.99 for £150

Pentax Optio cant remember model but sure it was a 7.2mp £229.99 for £95

They had loads of others reduced but never had time to write them down

HTHS

Comments

• CAT-THE-FIFTH
    CAT-THE-FIFTH Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    Was the Pentax the Optio 750z??
  • jgjet2
    jgjet2 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    I really can't remember Cat, all i can remember was that it was Deffo a 7.2 mp and it looked quite dinky.
    It should be a national thing, so perhaps phone your local store and see if they have on in stock and maybe then go and view it.

When i got over, another guy had it in his hand looking at it, i just looked at the specs and wrote them down.
  • kaziewazie
    kaziewazie Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    thanks i got the pentax s55 for £65 thats a 5 megapivel ang x3 optical zoom the 2 and a half inch screen is great
    they had loads of different makes all in sale thats the eastleigh one
    amazon have this one up for £180ish
  • CAT-THE-FIFTH
    Options
    I checked my local Asda in Canterbury and they had the Fuji A500 for 50 quid and Minolta X50 for 75 quid!!

No 7MP Pentax though...!:(
  • like-saving-money
    Options
    i went to asda tamworth last night and bought the last konica minolta Dimage X1 8 mega pixels, anti shake,12x zoom 2.5 inch display was £189.00 reduced to £70 this camera is for sale in argos in the sale at £249
    i was told by the staff that all the cameras are discontinued thats why they are cheap
    x1_front_on.jpg
    x1_back.jpg
    x1_left.jpg

more about the camera herehttp://www.digicamreview.co.uk/konica_minolta_dimage_x1_review.htm
    :beer: steves cleenz valeting :beer:
  • ozzyo99
    ozzyo99 Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    The above camera was still marked at £189 in Leamington Asda today, asked him to check it and it was scanning at £189 still. Guess all offers aren't national.
  • sophlowe45
    sophlowe45 Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    Options
    damn was going to go to the Leamington Asda tommorrow - were any other cameras reduced??
  • dollywops
    dollywops Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    My grateful thanks to the OP for this one. I managed to source a Minolta X1 and have just been to Stevenage to pick it up. It went through at £70.

You might want to try Leamington Spa again, as, whichever store I spoke to this morning, told me the camera had been reduced to £70, but they had sold their last ones.

Watford had the Samsung A6 for £40, and at lunchtime still had one Pentax Optio.
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Options
    I just phoned Asda in Cwmbran Wales and they said that there wasn't a lot of stock the only details I got were a Sony Cybershot 5mp for £155 is this a good price and they had a pentax wp 5mp didn't get a price. Can't get down to look myself until Friday.
    Flo
  • charlesh
    charlesh Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks to jgjet2 for this post. Past on the details to a collegue who went to Asda Stevenage at lunchtime and picked up the Optio S55 for £65. He had the last one of this type.

However, for £99 the Option WP (Waterproof) is still available (RRP £200+). See http://www.pentax.co.uk/product_details.php?divisionid=2&productid=1206&parentid=16

I've already got a Pentax Optio S5i and can thoroughly recommend it. Pentax have brought out new models now so this is why the old range is being sold off cheap. Asda seem to have discounted the Pentax models alot more heavily than the others, but I don't think this reflects the camera's ability one bit. Pentax have a long history of traditional photography, and you still need a good lens with a digital camera. If I didn't have one already I'd be buying it like a shot.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport