Debt free in 1,000 days.......

Comments

• mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    emz

you go & kick butt today - do something to give barclaycard a big poke in the eye for me

i ill be online ebay-listing this afternoon (this morning - dad the taxi!!)
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • ehallett
    ehallett Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Hey everyone. Wow - so many replies. Thank you.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was busy with my questions on AQA and went out for a free meal in the evening (mystery shop). Managed to get my questions done though so up to £60 so far. Our little syndicate at work won £18.60 on the lottery last night too :D

I owe just over £32k. If I do my 100 questions a day on AQA this month then I will get £930 at the beginning of November. My plan was to pay off Barclaycard in full (£175) and make a full & final offer for my Capital One card as that is with a DCA.

The debt is £1,000 and I'm paying £12 a month to them on my DMP. How much do you reckon I could get away with offering? I was going to go in at £400.

Anyway, will post later on when my questions are done ;).

Emily xx
  • ehallett
    edited 4 October 2009 at 12:16PM
    Hi everyone

Questions are driving me mad!! Still keeping at it though. Managed my 100 yesterday and have already done 50 today. I'm going to my mum's in a bit so will continue with them there. Hoping to get them all finished early so I can relax tonight. The fact that I will have £120 in my AQA account by the end of today is motivating me.

Not sure how I am going to manage tomorrow as I'm back at work. Will have to sneak my laptop onto my desk and answer some when there's nobody around ;).

I thought to motivate me even more, I could buy something for myself out of the money I will get for the questions. I have been after an LCD TV for my bedroom for a while and could get it with the money. They are only £130 in Argos. I know that money could go on my debts but I am looking at clearing 2 debts next month anyway.

I will see how I feel when the money is in my account.

Emily x
  • Toto
    Toto Posts: 6,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi em, good luck with the challenge :)

The TV, you know LCD ones show the same old crap as the older ones. How about asking for argos vouchers for christmas and then buying the TV if you still want it.
    :A
    :A
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein
  • Radish72
    Radish72 Posts: 2,073 Forumite
    edited 4 October 2009 at 11:51AM
    Hi Em

I think you should put a 32K sticker over the picture of the TV in the Argos catalogue

Ask for vouchers for Christmas and use these to buy the TV as suggested, are there no daily click sites that pay with Argos vouchers that you could do

But good luck with your challenge :T
    Mortgage Aug 12 £165K, Aug 19 £0
    ISA challenge start 2019 £3000/£1500 (50%)
  • ehallett
    Thank you for helping me to avoid the TV. I will need more help next month though when I actually have the money! ;). I guess I have got a pretty good TV at the moment (flat screen Sony) which has been a good servant for the past 5-10 years.

I love your suggestion about the £32k sticker Radish :D.

I was asking for money for Christmas so I can get some new clothes (from Jane Norman probably :cool:). Maybe I can wait until I have enough Nectar points? Although I think I will be debt free by then!! :rotfl:. I will see what comps there are for TVs later this evening.

Right, off to my mum's to watch her 32" LCD TV :D.

By the way, what do you all think about making a F&F offer to Capital One (well, DCA) instead of paying it off in full. I will probably be able to clear most of it next month (at least £700 after I have paid my Barclaycard) and then finish it the month after or I will be able to make a F&F offer on it. I guess it would be better to pay it off in full but it would just take me longer to do that with all my debts.

Emily x
  • ehallett
    Yay, finished my questions early today. I can relax for the rest of the evening. Although, I will probably take advantage of the situation and get my Avon books together whilst watching X Factor.

In desperate need of an early night too. Feel like a cold is coming on :mad:.

Emily x
  • ehallett
    Well, think my cold may be something more serious - like Swine Flu. I'm off work and have to go to the hospital at 2pm. Not a very good mix with Cystic Fibrosis unfortunately. I'm hoping it's just a virus.

Don't think I will get my quota of questions done today.
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,924 Forumite
    hope it went ok at the hospital - hate going there
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    hope you got on ok at the hospital and hope it's not swine flu.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure