Tesco vouchers (is this a scam?)

Options

Comments

• jus71_2
    jus71_2 Posts: 249 Forumite
    Options
    I emailed Tesco a few weeks ago and the customer service manager in Dundee rang yesterday to say he had been in touch with my local Tesco and they do take vouchers (even internet ones) if you havent bought the item. They can only be used for a maximum of 15% of the total bil which I think is good enough. He said a nearby store has stopped it altogether as it was getting abused.

Much better if people went in every day and used the odd one rather than getting a full trolley for free
  • klee1505
    klee1505 Posts: 731 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    does any one know if the milton keynes one accepts them at all?
    June 22 wins -
    £25 Uber eats voucher
    Mini football
    Gin hamper
  • LizzieS_2
    LizzieS_2 Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    Options
    FloFlo wrote: »
    I don't use coupons, just stating facts.

It is not the customer that commits any fraud, they offer the coupons as payment and Tesco accept. If Tesco then go on to redeem them with suppliers against the suppliers t&cs then its Tesco who you claim are committing fraud not the customer.

Suppliers have no idea if the person presenting the coupon is the person who bought the item. A problem will arise if this scheme gets over-abused - say tesco sell 20m of a product, they can only redeem 20m coupons with the supplier even if they have collected in 30m.
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    I heard its all just a myth - like the yetti :rolleyes:
  • numps
    numps Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    as of today all tesco's do NOT take any coupons unless you BUY the product!!!!
  • hippey
    hippey Posts: 849 Forumite
    Options
    Waitrose also takes vouchers for items you havent bought.
    Hths

As long as the store actually sells the items.
    These are my thoughts and no one else's, so like any public forum advice - check it out before entering into contracts or spending your hard earned cash!

I don't know everything, however I do try to point people in the right direction but at the end of the day you can only ever help yourself!
  • Good2go_2
    Good2go_2 Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    numps wrote: »
    as of today all tesco's do NOT take any coupons unless you BUY the product!!!!

Oh I wonder why that could be ???????????
  • numps
    numps Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    Good2go wrote: »
    Oh I wonder why that could be ???????????

no idea???? :money:
  • halftone
    Options
    It seems MSE backfired this time,

Taken from the sun website, as i cant post links,
    HUNDREDS of shoppers used DOG FOOD vouchers to get money off booze, clothes and TVs in a blunder that cost Tesco tens of thousands of pounds.

The makers of Pedigree Chum had offered coupons on the internet worth up to £6.89 each.
    But customers at three stores found they could use them over and over again - on ANY items.
    Word spread fast and hundreds hit the shops in West Bromwich, Willenhall and Dudley, West Midlands, on Thursday.
    Claire Hampson, 40, said: "I heard it from my neighbour and printed off a few vouchers. The stores were rammed with people buying booze, bed linen, TVs, you name it.
    "People were laughing and joking. We thought it was a genuine offer."
    Tesco has launched an inquiry.

Makes my life easier at work though :)
  • scottishchick27
    Options
    halftone wrote: »
    It seems MSE backfired this time,

Taken from the sun website, as i cant post links,

Makes my life easier at work though :)

Where does it say that Martin had anything to do with it? I've searched but can't find anything. :confused:
    :j little fire cracker born 5th November 2012 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport