We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

October Make £10 A Day Challenge ~~ All Welcome ~~

1…3637394142

Comments

  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    sorry to hear your new JesaRose - I think in your position I would seriously consider the nurse's suggestion. Hugs to you - indequate I know
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Redeemed another £5 from bp
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • mumslave
    mumslave Posts: 7,531 Forumite
    Just updated signature, I have made another £41 in donations for tarot readings and redeemed £5 amazon voucher from bingo port. I started the challenge on the 19th of October, so that makes 59.60 divided by 10 days =£5.96 a day. :( bit short!
    :starmod:Sealed Pot Challenge Member 1189:starmod:
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I have managed to get another £5 off at Mr T and also a £5 voucher for Argos. Still a bit low this week.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • tirlittan
    tirlittan Posts: 3,397 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    £6.19 profit from ebay sale. I think that'll be it this month. Lacking £54.75 from target,but pretty happy.
    DEBT FREE OCTOBER 2012!
    Proud to have dealt with my debts!
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Jesa - sorry to hear your news..maybe it is worth considering the hospital chapel then at least your dad can take part in your wedding, I am sure your vicar will be sympathetic and allow a church blessing on your actual wedding day.

    On a happier note - I have £20 to add today - shopped from the whoopsie shelf again today and made massive savings:j

    I am signing up again for next month too.
    Semper in faeces profundum variat

    Make £5 a day challenge Oct 2014 £126.00/£155
    Make £5 a day challenge Nov 2014 £157.40/£150
    Make £10 a day challenge Dec 2014 £392.90/£310
  • tirlittan
    tirlittan Posts: 3,397 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Has next months thread started yet?
    DEBT FREE OCTOBER 2012!
    Proud to have dealt with my debts!
  • Purpleroses
    Purpleroses Posts: 4,125 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    tirlittan wrote: »
    Has next months thread started yet?

    Just started a new thread here
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Saved £8.34 on my shopping today including a £5 off voucher :D
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

    "I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • £15 M&S Vouchers to add + £8.00 Ebay
    Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.
    William Morris

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.