Virgin broadband - customer service

Got Virgin broadband today as it seemed to be the cheapest deal all-in, but customer service seems poor. you have to call them up to activate it, which it doesnt actually tell you in the booklet. The message at the beginning of the call said they were busy and expect a 10 minute wait, but it was actually 1 hour of listening to 3 different songs repeated over and over again. Hopefully my mobile bill isnt too high....

oh and I dont know my account number because they havent printed it on anything...total cheesemongers...

Comments

• Got Virgin broadband today as it seemed to be the cheapest deal all-in, but customer service seems poor.
    :think:
    you have to call them up to activate it, which it doesnt actually tell you in the booklet
    I never had to phone them to activate my broadband and I dont know anyone who ever has!! :confused:The man who installed it did everything for me,. never heard of activating it!
    And while im on the subject,
    Hopefully my mobile bill isnt too high....
    if you call virgin from a landline (150) it doesnt cost you a penny.
    oh and I dont know my account number because they havent printed it on anything
    :naughty:
    Anything? Are you sure about that? hmm, your account number is at the top of every letter or communication they send you, and you get a welcome pack containing account number, email address and password so I think you may have overlooked it somehow.:confused:
    When they ask your acc number you just have to say you dont know it as your telephone number is just as good as an account number anyway!
    I have been a virgin media customer for years and cannot fault them for anything personally!
    ...total cheesemongers...
    :silenced:
    Sounds like you had issues, or preconceived ideas about them before you even got the broadband! Does it work ok? Is it acceptable to you, since you only got it as it was cheapest option? Why use a mobile phone? Thats just silly lol. :rotfl:
    Give them a chance, one day and your teling everyone they are crap!:idea:
    Do you work for anothe 'rmedia' company who tells you to post rants about the competition? Every post I have read from you is either asking about a particular product, moaning about something or contradicting someone, have you ever actually posted anything helpful?
    Hmmmm
    Just a thought, we all have them dont we? :money:
    Some people prefer to keep theirs to themselves!
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    funkyfifer, although I've only been with them just under 3yrs, my experiences are in line with yours.

Account number is on the welcome/contract letter, I had to return that before the install date was confirmed.

One engineer went to the cabinet down the road, phoned his mate to say all done.
    The mate then phoned VM, and explained to me what was happening as the modem lights flashed a certain sequence., while it was activating.

No problems with service, but billing is/was a bit hit/miss, but hopefully sorted.
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    spud17 wrote: »
    funkyfifer, although I've only been with them just under 3yrs, my experiences are in line with yours.

Account number is on the welcome/contract letter, I had to return that before the install date was confirmed.

One engineer went to the cabinet down the road, phoned his mate to say all done.
    The mate then phoned VM, and explained to me what was happening as the modem lights flashed a certain sequence., while it was activating.

No problems with service, but billing is/was a bit hit/miss, but hopefully sorted.

That's how it should be done & was done by me & all the in-house NTL/VM engineers here in N.I that I worked with.sounds like the OP had an engineer (contractor most likely,who wanted to get done for the day asap & cut corners.)
    Spike (ex NTL/VM Service Tech)
  • dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I had to call to get mine re-activated when we moved house - was some issue with the switch on stuff coming down the line late or something.

Got a second box installed the other month and even the install guy was tearing his hair out in despair at whoever was working things at the other end as they managed to repeatedly screw things up.

I have no issues with VM product at all but the customer service is so bad I pour a stiff drink and brace myself in advance of the occasions I have to call in.
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • Norant
    Norant Posts: 435 Forumite
    I have been with NTL/Virgin now for many years and i also never heard of the phone to activate part.

My experience with Virgin has been very good since i have been with them,i hope that you have a better experience with them in the future.
    Forum spellcheckers are the pitts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport