NatWest Charges were last straw - Now the Camel fights back.

Long story cut short....

Natwest charged my current account despite phonecalls etc.......it was one charge too far.The straw that broke the Camels back.

Now the Camels back has got steel rods fitted and ready for action, so to dispell the aggresion He studied the Moneysavingexpert website and rapidly checked my statements. The Camel fired off a reclaim letter £2k plus for charges.

During another phonecall to the bank.......they wanted to sell me another loan I discovered my existing loan had PPI, I thought it cost £99 for the loan duration........(Dumb or what?) it was actually £99/month. Reading the loan small print I realised that it was a double loan, The main loan AND a second loan for the PPI.

Suprisingly the quote for the new loan did not have any PPI (I wonder why) I did not take out the new loan (phew)

My camel who is quite housetrained wanted to spit, so I gave him the downloaded template and he has put in a reclaim for PPI for the last 40mths of the loan.

Now I admit that I am not great at economics etc But by charging my camel £30 could cost Natwest over £7k!

Whatever happens I would like to thank Martin Lewis and the Moneysaving expert team for the excellent advice and templates etc.:money:
It is a Camels temperament that has truly endeared the camel to man.
Docile and sweet under a caring hand.
But stubborn and angry if ill treated.
the camel both wins your heart and your respect.

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Long story cut short....

Natwest charged my current account despite phonecalls etc.......it was one charge too far.The straw that broke the Camels back.

Now the Camels back has got steel rods fitted and ready for action, so to dispell the aggresion He studied the Moneysavingexpert website and rapidly checked my statements. The Camel fired off a reclaim letter £2k plus for charges.

During another phonecall to the bank.......they wanted to sell me another loan I discovered my existing loan had PPI, I thought it cost £99 for the loan duration........(Dumb or what?) it was actually £99/month. Reading the loan small print I realised that it was a double loan, The main loan AND a second loan for the PPI.

Suprisingly the quote for the new loan did not have any PPI (I wonder why) I did not take out the new loan (phew)

My camel who is quite housetrained wanted to spit, so I gave him the downloaded template and he has put in a reclaim for PPI for the last 40mths of the loan.

Now I admit that I am not great at economics etc But by charging my camel £30 could cost Natwest over £7k!

Whatever happens I would like to thank Martin Lewis and the Moneysaving expert team for the excellent advice and templates etc.:money:
    Lets hope your camel wins for you. Let us know how you get on. ;)
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Long story cut short....

Good luck and fingers crossed for you.;):beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Long story cut short....

The £2k Reclaim has been acknowledged and of course is now on hold.

"Have you ever seen a Camel smile:rotfl:
  • Just a quick update, My Natwest branch sent me a nice letter stating that they have sent my case to their "PPI Customer Concerns Team" in Manchester. The PPI CCT should confirm reciept within 5 days.

PPI CCT :rotfl:

Everything is curteous and above board, Will post again when the PPI CCT reply.
  • di3004
    Just a quick update, My Natwest branch sent me a nice letter stating that they have sent my case to their "PPI Customer Concerns Team" in Manchester. The PPI CCT should confirm reciept within 5 days.

PPI CCT :rotfl:

Everything is curteous and above board, Will post again when the PPI CCT reply.

And good luck.:beer:;)
  • oldnthrifty
    oldnthrifty Posts: 48 Forumite
    edited 16 October 2009 at 5:43PM
    Well Natwest PPI CCT should contact me by tomorrow as their five days will expire (Won't hold my breath). But whilst waiting I found some paperwork for a Bank of Scotland loan as well, so I gave them a quick call and guess what they have charged me at least £3.345.52 for PPI......So I have just printed out another PPI reclaim form.

I am now in the process of claiming back two PPI and one Bank charges....all because of one Natwest Bank charge too many......sum total I am now claiming is now at approx £14,753.

Will keep you updated.:beer:
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Well Natwest PPI CCT should contact me by tomorrow as their five days will expire (Won't hold my breath). But whilst waiting I found some paperwork for a Bank of Scotland loan as well, so I gave them a quick call and guess what they have charged me at least £3.345.52 for PPI......So I have just printed out another PPI reclaim form.

I am now in the process of claiming backk two PPI and one Bank charges....all because of one Natwest Bank charge too many......sum total I am now claiming is now at approx £14,753.

Good luck on there then and look forward to hearing back;)
  • di3004

I am now in the process of claiming back two PPI and one Bank charges....all because of one Natwest Bank charge too many......sum total I am now claiming is now at approx £14,753.

Fingers crossed for you.:beer:
  • Confirmation from Natwest PPI CCT arrived today.....

They aim to complete the investigation within 4 weeks. Just in time for christmas maybe?:j
  • finatra26
    finatra26 Posts: 4,106 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Good luck with this. BOS seem to be quick so you may hear from them soon. Hope your camel isn't getting the hump over all this waiting
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure