October 2009 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 September 2009 at 5:43PM in Old Style MoneySaving
890 replies 51.7K views

Replies

• Evening everyone

Budgets up to and including Smithy - thank you everyone

Welcome and hi to the newbies - check out the recipes posted by the wonderful Rosieben on page 1, they are wonderful, feel free to ask any questions as there are some lovely people who will help out.

See you all tomorrow
    Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • well life is good, the man at the top of the stairs answered my prayers, my beloved stuck to the shopping list and the budget when he did the shopping today whilst i was at work today, this means we eat well and stay within the budget
  • edited 4 October 2009 at 4:09PM
    KerfuffleKerfuffle Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    edited 4 October 2009 at 4:09PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm onto day 3 of my month and today has been my first spend day, so I'm really pleased with that. Today I popped into the supermarket for a 'couple of bits' to tide us over the weekend, so I spent $20.11 and bought:-
    4 litres semi-skimmed milk @ $4.47
    1 litre egg nog @ $3.00 :xmassmile:xmastree::xmassign:
    Tin apple pie filling @ $4.18
    2 loaves bread @ $3.98
    2.5kg (5.5lb) self-raising flour @ $4.48

Tonights tea is hubby's favorite speedy supper, Maple syrup baked beans on marmite toast with a poached egg on top, cheap ' n cheerful.

Have a good one.
  • L-ML-M Forumite
    202 Posts
    Hello everyone

Great to see everyone doing so well:D

I've come on to update my spend......feeling slightly:eek: about writing it all down though:o

Ok so two £19 bits and bobs shops...courtesy of the OH :rolleyes:
    £33 in the pound shop (am counting it in this 'cos it was mostly cleaning products)
    and £150 on an online shop from Mr T's to be delivered tomorrow:eek: But hopefully all the nappies/wipes we'll need and looooads of meals for the month

So all in all £221 eek! Had better slow down for the rest of the month:o
  • CRANKY40CRANKY40 Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    £30.97 for me this week. Could have been better, but could have been worse. My mind hasn't really been on it this week. My friend has given me some more apples, so I'll be making some more apple pies for the freezer and maybe putting some stewed apple away for a crumble this week.
  • Mrs_ToastMrs_Toast Forumite
    450 Posts
    Just come on to update. I've now spent £101.51 of my £150 budget for the month. :eek: This has included expensive cold remedies because my DH is feeling awful at the moment poor thing. I've also bought a whole duck from the butchers so I'm hoping I can stretch it to 3 meals. I'm hoping to have only one spend day next week.
    TOTAL DEBT £12,212.46/£2000 paid off
    Debt Free Goal September 2017
    #106 Emergency Fund £482.53/£1000
  • I could i join too Please we need to reduce of shopping spending ASAP!

October - £150

So far we have spent - £34 on shopping
    was Proud to be dealing with debt! LBM 12.09.09 [STRIKE]£23,157.76,[/STRIKE] 28/03/11 £12.827.07:eek: Not quite sure on debts now as kind of gone by the wayside but back on form now! Will edit as i figure them out
    Hsbs CC £5313.73 Overdrafts (3) £3173.84, Marks and spencer CC £0 :) AA CC £3400.18
  • Mrs_Toast wrote: »
    Just come on to update. I've now spent £101.51 of my £150 budget for the month. :eek: This has included expensive cold remedies because my DH is feeling awful at the moment poor thing. I've also bought a whole duck from the butchers so I'm hoping I can stretch it to 3 meals. I'm hoping to have only one spend day next week.

I don't really buy cold remedies no more far to expensive instead I grate some fresh ginger and soak in boiling water, add lemon juice and honey to taste (strain if desire - I like ginger so I don't bother) take 2 paracetamols then drink the drink, it really warms you up and in my honest opinion is far better and nicer than any over expensive cold things.

Hope he gets better soon, nothing worse than a man with a cold!
  • butterfly2001butterfly2001 Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all could i please join too- i think this is a great idea- doubt i will be very mse tho oh doesnt think when he spends lol

put me down for £200 ( first go so airing on safe side!)
    A big thank you to all those who post on the forum and make it a worthwhile place!!!:j

• Forgot to say that I've been to coop got a chicken and some milk then went to corner shop for some eggs (they cheaper there) - the chicken was reduced but it's for lunch and that's what I went for, I'm getting good at just sticking to my list!!!

So My total spend so far this month is 16.94, just going to update sig.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides