MSE News: Now Vodafone reveals it will sell the iPhone

Options
Former_MSE_Guy
Former_MSE_Guy Posts: 1,650 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! Chutzpah Haggler
edited 29 September 2009 at 12:23PM in Mobiles
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Vodafone has today announced it will join Orange in selling Apple's iPhone handsets. The network intends to offer the smartphone "in early 2010" ..."

OfficialStamp.gif

PS. This thread discussion had already started before the news story was published. We’ve inserted this post so all discussions are in one place. Thanks to mchale for the original post.

Comments

• mchale
    mchale Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    Options
    ANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.
  • INT1
    INT1 Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good. along with Orange it may bring the market down as o2 won't be able to monoplise the iTariff as much!
  • ricardido
    Options
    Its all good for improving our fares.... im on orange and will consider an iphone if i dont have to pay through the nose for it..
  • sporedude
    sporedude Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Options
    Best thing Apple can do is keep it as far away from Three as possible *shudder*
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The iPhone is just too big though - here's hoping for an iPhone mini.
  • Paul_Herring
    Options
    I'm assuming the "price" alluded to will be with a contract (18/24/60(!?) months) of some sort, and won't affect the price of an unblocked phone?
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • pixwix
    pixwix Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Competition may bring lower prices and tariffs.

But you know what REALLY saves money? Considering very hard whether or not we need such devices at all - or at least the more expensive ones.

I'm sure that for many people the iPhone is a godsend. But -among the hype and the peer pressure - how many of the 1000s of purchasers REALLY need one? Damn few I suspect.

Get a grip people. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy an iPhone - it's a free country. But this website is all about saving money. The savings on not buying an iPhone at all are substantial.
  • whiskydry
    Options
    But who "needs" pretty much most stuff posted about across these forums? Beyond housing, food, heat and basic clothing I mean? Nobody "needs" TVs, MP3 players, games consoles, fancy cars, lots of toys, endless kitchen gadgets and so on but there's always plenty of threads on getting them for the best price. I though that was what this forum was about - getting what you *want* for the best price possible.
  • whiskydry
    Options
    PS Wooohooo! ;)
  • Fork86
    Fork86 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hopefully 02 will soon learn that their business practices over the past couple of years will have cost them valued customers, who now have the choice not to be stuck this arrogant company if they want an Iphone.
    Try to imagine nothing ever existed...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport