We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OS Daily Saturday 27th September
Comments
-
Morning all
Hope you are all ok, hugs for those who need them.
I had a lie in for me - woke at half 8. Put the WM on, and lazed in bed reading. I've just washed up dishes (I live on my own so save up my washing up for few days!) and wiped down kitchen surfaces.
Today I'm going to visit my grandma, she only lives half hour away, my Grandad passed away in May so I try to go once a week to check on her. She has been doing really well since. Then i'm having my hair cut, and meeting friends for late lunch. Think we will take advantage of La Tasca's 50% off voucher
and tonight my friend is having a party at hers for her boyfriend's birthday. I'll be driving so no alcohol, but will get free party snacks!
WM has just finished so I'm going to put it on airer and on balcony for an hour, but it will need to come in when I go out as it looks a bit like rain is on the way!
Have a fab day
x* Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *
* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
0 -
Morning everyone :hello:
Having a lazy morning. Just stuck a wash on, did some dishes and fed the birds. The girls have taken the dog to the park so I'm watching Saturday Kitchen in peace with a big pot of coffee.
Lunch is HM veggie soup and tea will be easy baked spuds with cheese and beans (cheesy beanoes)
in front of the tv.
Have just shaken all my foraged fruit gins and they seem to be coming on well. If it stays dry I'll help OH with some more painting in the garden.
Take care everyone. :A
Haribo x0 -
Morning all!
Slept like a log last night, I was so tired, and can't say I've done any more than usual this week, other than miss out on my early night on Thursday! I'm sure the darker evenings make me more dopey though!
OS stuff today will involve much tidying and hoovering, got god daughter and her sisters staying tonight, think I'll put all the kids in the sitting room so that they're not in and out of the bedrooms all night! ds is off to watch the footie with a mate, so have to drop him at station at lunchtime, dd2 is off to yet another party tonight, luckily only up the road, but it doesn't finish till 10pm, pah! Need to get dd1 into the shops to find a dress for her cousin's christening, guess I should find a pressie too, even though I'm not invited!
Lunch today will be two jumps at the cupboard.
Dinner will be sausages and chips - easy and I know that the kids will want to use the fryer again, so might as well let them, novelty will start to wear off soon, and a few days of chips is hardly the end of the world.
Need to make a menu plan at some point, was reading Gill Holcombe last night, so want to use a few of her recipe ideas and also want to do the beef daube from Econ Gast this week, though I think penpin and a someone else mentioned it was a bit too liquidy, so will be ready to reduce if necessary! Beef is a bit lacking in my fridge at the mo, so may get some in Mr T's as it is on special at the mo I think, long slow cooking should ensure it has some flavour! Quite often I look at my menu plans and start to think the same old stuff just appears every few weeks, so it's nice to come up with a few new things. The chicken and leek pie topped with mash sounds nice too, so will add that in I think as well, thanks annie! I'm sure I have plenty of leftover chicken pieces in the freezer so will just need to dig a bag out, if not I know I have a chicken in there so will roast and strip it. Will have to be pork on Sunday, as I have an enormous joint in the freezer, and won't be long till new pig is ready to go in there and needs the space! Must work out how to use my mincer as well, bought it ages ago from Lakeland, mainly cos it could also be used to make pasta, ds took it out of the box, declared it complicated to assemble and I've never touched it since!
Have a good day all xxGC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£4000 -
Me too, such an upbeat songMorning :hello:
I really love Lilly Allen's F*** You

I have to be careful I don't sing along to it when I'm listening to it on my MP3 player while my Dd has her swimming lesson
I like 'It's Not Fair' too, I sing it under my breath when the OH has displeased me;)
OH is taking the kids to Decathalon at Merry Hill -ds1 needs new trainers. He's going on a residential school trip next weekend and they need an old pair of trainers plus another pair. Since our kids only have one pair of trainers at a time this means we have to go and buy a new pair in order for him to have an old pair:rolleyes: -He does need some new ones. I don't know why they have to go to Merry Hill for them, but I'm not complaining they'll all be out of the house for the morning.
Me, OH and the boys are going to the rugby this afternoon -Worcester Warriors v Sale Sharks. DD is being taken clothes shopping by mil and sil so everyone's happy:)
Breakfast -toast and blackcurrant jam/marmalade/quince jelly
Lunch -Pasta with parsley and pumpkin seed pesto mixed with leftover peas-and anything else I can think of beginning with p
Supper- Pizza (also begins with p lol!)- must make the dough before we go to the rugby. I'm making individual thin crust pizzas which should only take about 12 mins each to bake. I usually do one huge rectangular pizza which tends to be a bit doughy and 'overtopped'. Less is more according to Hugh F-W
I'll top with a smear of tomato sauce (in freezer), some snippets of bacon, and some cheese- I think there's goat's, blue and Cheddar.
There's some quince sorbet left from last week for pudding.
Washing to do and a pile of shirts to iron this morning.
Hey, it's the 26th isn't it?:p;)0 -
Morning Chums, weather is looking very nice first thing this morning ,shame I have got all my washing done and I'm up to date with the ironing.Still I may take a walk to the library to take back a couple of books.My local library is right by the park so I might have a wander around there at the same time .No shopping to buy today, as I have enough to last me over the week-end.Plus I want to see if I can last out till Tuesday and still have a bit of cash left in my food purse .At the moment there is £9.68 in there so I'm quite pleased as my food budget for four weeks was £120.00 so I think I might just squek through.
This afternoon I think I will make some cakes as the cake tin is looking a bit bereft,my DGS has been parking on my drive this week on his way up to London on his job so every night he puts his head around the door to say hello and grab some cake to eat on his way home.Bless him, that boy is as slim as a reed but can eat for England, and is very partial to his Granny's cakes.
Apart from that I don't think there is much else today to do so it will be a pottering day.Tomorrow as usual I will be off to my DDs in the afternoon so I'd better make extra cakes for the little ones.She did well in both of her seconnd intervies and we are just waiting to see if something transpires for her .One chap was very keen, and is emailing his managers to see where abouts in the company he could place her.
The other lady from the other company phoned last night to say she has got through to the third interview which will be at some point next week.
It will be good when she gets settled. Well time to get the kettle on
Have a good week-end everyone
JackieO xx0 -
Elo
Lovely day here the sun is trying to poke through
.
Need to get the WM cranked up, then showered
. Going to take the kids to the library today and the park in town.
Tea tonight Belly pork but don't fancy it :rolleyes:.
Need to make bread and biscuits too.
BIL - Not heard today tried to call but no answer, As far as we know he is still unconsious. Will update later
Hope you all have a lovely day xYou know your getting old when yougo to the pub sit outsideand admire the hanging basket :cool:
Is officially 48% tight
0 -
Morning Guys!
Lovely and sunny here this morning. WM & DW is on. Toilet has been scrubbed:p..house clean and tidy.
I think it's going to be one of those days....I have already had a HUGE row with sister and she put the phone down on me:D...poxy family:rolleyes:...just dont need it atm.
DD & OH have gone out to do a few errands. Think they are having a sort through of the office later and do a little weeding. OH went to Lidl last night and got quite alot for his £20. The beers (Bishops finger) are down to a £1 a bottle, so he got 3, milk, ham, spuds, apples, salad, chorizo, taco shells, tortilla, pork chops (reduced to £1), yogurts and a couple of other bits...think he did well.
Anyway, I hope evryone is keeping ok.
Hugs to all.
PP
xxTo repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,requires brains!FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS0 -
Morning all
Didnt get in till late had a good time at bluewater but didnt spend a penny:j came back and had dinner at lakeside as the ques were too long in Bluey then popped to 24hr T esco and got mum her new kettle and telephones which were on special offer £43 for 4 phillips ones so had to drop her off and install them as she isnt good with electrical items:rolleyes: by the time i drove home dropped my car at my friends and walked home from there it was 1am so very slow start today
Will go upstairs to get all the washing in a bit as the weather is sunny here and just generally tidy and potter
bargin hugs to you
MSD hope you have heard from Tris
Ivy hope you enjoyed your brothers visit
NPM hugs
Jackie O well done to DD
HJ enjoy
Tru hopefully you wont need the tablets
SmokyHugs hope you feel better soon
Essex hope the kids feel better the girl i take to school has been ill all week mum took her to Drs on fri and she has swine flu so i am now bracing myself for us getting it
Molly Teenage girls dont get me started hope you feel better today
Hugs to all who need them and i hope you all have a good and gentle day0 -
Afternoon all
Spent the morning with hubby looking at tool !!!!!! (B&Q) so boring. Still I'm off for a browse round the charity shops while he watches GP qualifier, my reward for my patience this morning.
Have a good weekend
Hugs Hester
Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.0 -
Well I've made my bread and its texture is ok but its tasteless, unless it has lots of butter on. I don't know what I did wrong and now I need to clean the tip in the kitchen. In an hour dd managed to play with playdough and do some painting after clearing everything that was on her table onto the dresser so theres all that plus my baking mess to clear up!!!
I love this OS but I seem to do a lot more washing up than I used to!July grocery- 24.40/220. NSD-1/3.
Myself, DD, 2 cats, 35 weeks pregnant.
Debts- CC's- V-775, F-1253.10, BC-3291.80, T-1429.08. Total-6748.98. All 0%. Aim- to pay £200 per month.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards