Eon question

Options
judy2357
judy2357 Posts: 3,743 Forumite
Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
edited 24 September 2009 at 2:48PM in Energy
I am now on Eon Price Protection 17 but intend to change to one of their other products. I am tempted to change to the Save Online tariff but wonder if the Fix Online would be recommended. Has anyone got any views or opinions please on which is the best. I live in a small semi-detached house with 5 adults with about a medium usage. Thank you for any advice given.
2008£3002009£13002010£15002011£41952012£21942013£1494
2014£24402015£10222016JAN£20FEB£210MAR£80APR£26tMAYWillowPouchBag£65BathPillowCrCardcover,Curry
JUN£10m'shakeJULpennywellAUGCameraFootproducts£27SEPMiniBBQOCTB'let£45Jarm£4Jacket£80GoodyBag£40NOVmealfor2Ace,ScarfTotes£100DECChocs,AsterixDVD,DVD&bk

Comments

• judy2357
    Options
    I realise you havent got a crystal ball but any thoughts on which is best anyone?
    2014£24402015£10222016JAN£20FEB£210MAR£80APR£26tMAYWillowPouchBag£65BathPillowCrCardcover,Curry
    JUN£10m'shakeJULpennywellAUGCameraFootproducts£27SEPMiniBBQOCTB'let£45Jarm£4Jacket£80GoodyBag£40NOVmealfor2Ace,ScarfTotes£100DECChocs,AsterixDVD,DVD&bk

• graceland77
    Options
    hi, was in the same boat as you but decided against the fix online and went for save online. seems like a better deal as, you dont have the hassle of changing suppliers, you get discount 16% which isnt that different to fixed, and you are not tied in.

It seems that prices are widely expected to come down but who knows eh?

best of luck, lets hope for a mild winter eh!!!!
  • judy2357
    Options
    hi, was in the same boat as you but decided against the fix online and went for save online. seems like a better deal as, you dont have the hassle of changing suppliers, you get discount 16% which isnt that different to fixed, and you are not tied in.

It seems that prices are widely expected to come down but who knows eh?

best of luck, lets hope for a mild winter eh!!!!

Thank you for replying this is much as I thought too, its just that I was enquiring on behalf of myself and my elderly parents (ie two different households) and although was tempted to just go for the save on line myself I didnt want to make an error on their behalf. Thank you.

• I am on price protection too.I was in similar dilemma and decided to go for Fixonline3.It is cheaper than saveonline,from what i can see and if you cal;l EON they will confirm it.

Fixonline will be only slightly dearer than price prot. and if prices do come down you can change to the lower tariff with Eon with no penalty.

The only downside that i see is that IF you change supplier before Dec 2010 they will charge £30
  • wackojackouk
    Options
    Hi guys

Also on PP17 and looking at either FixOnline or SaveOnline

Can someone tell me if we move to these do we lose the discount on our next bill (our bill was estimated 23rd Sept but not received it still).

Finally - if we leave EON are there exit fees on FixOnline or SaveOnline?

Ta

WJUK
  • Colin_London
    Colin_London Posts: 335 Forumite
    edited 26 September 2009 at 12:28PM
    Options
    I asked the same question in these forums recently. The answer from the rep is that you only lose the discount on your bill if you are changing suppliers.

He said that in my case (changing from Price protection to Fix Online) on the next bill I would get the discount at the old rate applied up until the change of tariff date, and the new rate from that date until the bill date.

To keep your bill accurate you are asked to enter online meter readings immediately after you have arranged the change.

There is an exit fee on Fix Online 3 (£30 for dual fuel customers) if you either change supplier OR change EON Tariff before 1st December 2010. Some on this forum dredged up an old posting from an EON Rep which implied this was not the case, but he came back to deny that is what he meant, and in fact they DO charge the termination fee even if you just change to another tariff before the end date.

He said that after 1st December 2010 Fix Online customers would be put automatically onto another fixed price deal, but that they would not be charged an exit fee to change after that date (unlike Scottish Power customers recently).

There is no exit fee on Save Online.
  • mountainofdebt
    Options
    The other thing to bear in mind, as been said elsewhere, is that if prices do come down (and pigs might grow wings) then if you swopped suppliers and went through a cashback website to do so, then the penalty of £30 would be covered.
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date

• There is an exit fee on Fix Online 3 (£30 for dual fuel customers) if you either change supplier OR change EON Tariff before 1st December 2010. Some on this forum dredged up an old posting from an EON Rep which implied this was not the case, but he came back to deny that is what he meant, and in fact they DO charge the termination fee even if you just change to another tariff before the end date.

There is no exit fee on Save Online.

I am not sure this is the case.I asked this specific question on phone and on here(see TIGs thread of 7.9.09.sorry cant do links).You will see that an EON rep states there is NO EXIT FEE to change to a lower tariff from Fixonline should the need arise.

Maybe we need other clarification?

Ps would love someone to tell me how to do links!:j
  • Colin_London
    Options
    I am not sure this is the case.I asked this specific question on phone and on here(see TIGs thread of 7.9.09.sorry cant do links).You will see that an EON rep states there is NO EXIT FEE to change to a lower tariff from Fixonline should the need arise.

Maybe we need other clarification?

Ps would love someone to tell me how to do links!:j

We were pushing the rep on this precise point, and I think we played back to him the exact quote you are talking about. He then claimed that in fact he was talking about fixed deals that end this month, not new deals that start now and end in December 2010.

This is what he said: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=25351633&postcount=38

The T's and C's are quite clear - a fee 'may' be payable to change tariff, which means (with the possible exeception of a few weeks before the end of the contract after they have send the 'end of fixed period' letter out to you) they will in fact charge you.
  • I am going to pusue this to get it clarified.It seems even the employees are confused or just dont know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure