We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Black vs Silver old type CRT TVs -digital compatibility
Comments
-
> why anyone would want to buy a 2nd hand crt now anyway, hah!
The usual reason would be a shortage of money.0 -
They used to be all black, then they all went silver, now they are all going black again.
I think it's so your DVD player no longer matches the tele so you have to buy a new one too.0 -
mr_fishbulb wrote: »They used to be all black, then they all went silver, now they are all going black again.
I think it's so your DVD player no longer matches the tele so you have to buy a new one too.
Really - got a link for the evidence?:rotfl:0 -
-
mr_fishbulb wrote: »Yes - my eyes and memory over the last 15 years

Didn't think so.0 -
-
What's one of those !? :rolleyes:mr_fishbulb wrote: »I think it's so your DVD player no longer matches the tele so you have to buy a new one too.
I just unpacked a brand new S-VHS video cassette recorder I bought 8 years ago to use. :rotfl:0 -
-
Oh dear - does this mean that you actually believe things that you read on the web? If you really want to read a page saying just that then you only have to ask and I'll put one up.Really - got a link for the evidence?:rotfl:
BTW - I agree that there have been a number of cycles of black dominating then silver then black etc. etc.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards