IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MSE News: British Parking Association agrees to face its critics

Options

Comments

• Vomityspice
    Options
    I think we have scared the BPA away!

So much for wanting to connect with the disgruntled masses....... I'll get my pitchfork!
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    That is a shame, I would really like a considered response from the BPA to post number 24.

Failing a rebuttal of Post number 24 by the BPA on this forum perhaps people would like to use the information in that post as material for formal complaints to Trading Standards, the OFT, the DVLA and their MPs. Then perhaps the BPA will have to respond to those points in a 'more formal' setting.
    As I see it their ATA status should be forfeit.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Whilst I do agree about the problems with ppc's I do think a lot of people were quite heavy handed with the young lady from BPA. There was an opportunity to possibly get them to modify their stance and be more amenable to removing the really bad ones and changing the way the slightly better ones work. You must bear in mind that its quite likely imho that the government will listen to them whilst trying to sort out the clampers and logically the whole private parking system at some time in the future.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Driver8
    Options
    Whilst I do agree about the problems with ppc's I do think a lot of people were quite heavy handed with the young lady from BPA. There was an opportunity to possibly get them to modify their stance and be more amenable to removing the really bad ones and changing the way the slightly better ones work. You must bear in mind that its quite likely imho that the government will listen to them whilst trying to sort out the clampers and logically the whole private parking system at some time in the future.

Heavy handed where?

They had the damn cheek to come on here and try and defend thieves, scammers, extortionists and con merchants and they couldn't. I told you they wouldn't be back.

They cannot defend the indefensible.

The BPA has as much bite has a 3 week old kitten with no teeth, they are totally utterly useless. Are they seriously going to bite the hand that feeds them? Hardly.

He or she told a blatant lie in their second paragraph " There is precedent that says on the balance of probabilities the driver of a motor vehicle is the registered keeper unless the registered keeper advises to the contrary"

A Blatant LIE.

They will not come back here and try and defend what they know they cannot defend.

"There was an opportunity to possibly get them to modify their stance and be more amenable to removing the really bad ones and changing the way the slightly better ones work."

There are no "slightly better ones" They are all thieves, con merchants and liars.

I hope every single one of them lose their job just before christmas too.

Just think how many vulnerable people they have literally frightened into paying their scam invoices full of lies, deception and illegal threats. How many people have been scared out of their wits trying to find money to pay these scum because they didn't have the knowledge what people now have?

Their days are numbered and i am so glad, so so glad.

They deserve everything what's coming to them, hopefully the dole queue.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Of course you are welcome to an opinion, as am I. Do not be surprised when Browns mob listens to them over parking/clamping. At present there really is no-one to speak for us (except AA and RAC and they are pretty quiet at present) I hope I am wrong but without convincing the other side of the error of there ways they will keep going on the same and I think it very likely that the government will act in their favour and not ours.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Coblcris
    Options
    One small claims case on it own means nothing at all.
    Each on its own merits, for example http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=542355&in_page_id=1770
  • BFG_2
    BFG_2 Posts: 2,022 Forumite
    Options
    infotouch wrote: »
    Look at Walsall County Court list for Thursday 1st October 2009 - check CourtTel.

Combined Parking v Mr Christopher Cooper .. Small Claims trial listed for 12:00

Anyone local to Walsall ?

See what happens and report for the charges being unenforceable and the arguments used.

As a PPC dupe you of course would point us to cases that you've won.

Here's your chance to put the record straight...

Couple of questions [which you will doubtless swerve around]...true or false....

AFAICR the drivers were stupid enough to talk to the PPC or positively identify themselves as the driver?

Are you seriously saying that PPCs has been successful against RKs of vehicles [as opposed to the driver]???

If the RK simply ignores your 'invoices/letters' you're sha99ed??
  • Coblcris
    Options
    Hopefully Mr Cooper will pass by here and read this thread.

If he does then I suggest he ask the court and the plaintiff for proof that "Combined Parking" is a 'legal person'. If it is not then I believe that it cannot bring the action.

Or perhaps the particulars of claim could be posted up on here so that we can see which 'legal person' is making the claim ?
  • ripped_off_driver
    Options
    infotouch wrote: »
    Look at Walsall County Court list for Thursday 1st October 2009 - check CourtTel.

Combined Parking v Mr Christopher Cooper .. Small Claims trial listed for 12:00

Anyone local to Walsall ?

See what happens and report for the charges being unenforceable and the arguments used.
    Perky at it hijacking threads again I see. Gotta keep Trading Standards off your back some way or other I guess. Might as well have a hand picked, set up victory or two to show them. Yet another unlosable case for the self proclaimed King of Parking Law, yawn.

Meanwhile back in the real world (as opposed to Planet Perky) I don't agree that the BPA rep was harshly treated. Making a statement that there is precedent that the RK is presumed to be the driver was well out of order. The BPA is entitled to their opinion, albeit a minority one but anyone who peddles untruths like this should expect to be challenged.

I also do not agree that the BPA has the ear of government. Remember embattled Brown is looking around for popular policies. Do not be surprised if a serious clamp down on these rogues emerges. I know from my sources within BPA that they are very worried about the direction of recent developments.
  • Driver8
    Driver8 Posts: 743 Forumite
    Options
    I know from my sources within BPA that they are very worried about the direction of recent developments.

Ripped Off Driver, i am not surprised they are getting worried.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=private+parking+forums&meta=

Just click on the link and see plenty of other forums which are getting the word out about the lying thieves.

What have you heard by the way?

user_offline.gifpost_thanks.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family