Laser Eye Surgery Cost Cutting Tips

Options

Comments

• mking007
    mking007 Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 August 2009 at 9:14PM
    Options
    hi, im thinking of getting laser eye treatment, ive just seen on martins site, about tesco reward tokens there worth 4 times the value in optimax eye laser treatment.

I'm i correct in stating if i was to purchase £500 worth of these vouchers, that is worth £2000 of eye treatment ?? seems a bit to good to be true, has anyone done this ?
    https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=584

Also how much is 100points worth in club card vouchers - is it £4 ?
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a consulation booked with optical express. A freind of mine had a 10% discount as he works for the police. Does anyone know if optical express offer a discount for local authority workers or unison members?
    Thanks
    Best you call your local Optical express clinic and give them your employer name so they can check if there is any arrangement available with your LA.
  • blizeH
    blizeH Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Optical Express are ****ing rubbish, they've cancelled on me twice now!

I do work for the police though ^^ so the extra 10% off makes it kinda tempting :P

What other places should I check please? That Laser Vision London or whatever looks really good, but the location is a nightmare for me, just getting the surgery done there would be a pain, but add the consultations and checkups and it's just completely out of the question :(
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    blizeH wrote: »
    Optical Express are ****ing rubbish, they've cancelled on me twice now!

I do work for the police though ^^ so the extra 10% off makes it kinda tempting :P

What other places should I check please? That Laser Vision London or whatever looks really good, but the location is a nightmare for me, just getting the surgery done there would be a pain, but add the consultations and checkups and it's just completely out of the question :(

wow shocked but understand if you feel let down. Did they cancel a consultation or a laser surgery slot?
    If i was you call back and speak to the clinic manager, rather than the front desk staff, can make a big difference. Maybe there was a genuine reason to cancel your appointment, but doing that 2 time seems a lot.

But if its worth speaking to HQ based in Glasgow laser admin team or clinic manager. tell them you wasted so much time and disappointed, maybe they will knock some more discount off as gesture of Goodwill. But make sure its a surgeon you feel happy with.
  • blizeH
    blizeH Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 September 2009 at 2:53PM
    Options
    Cheers, it's just a bit disappointing after I (and my mum!) booked time off work on both days for the consultation, and then this happens, twice!

And only a day's notice too, just seems a bit out of order.

Optical Express is the only place anywhere near me, and since you need to have I guess around 10 visits in total to the clinic, it really adds up so it rules a lot of places out really :(

Edit: D'oh, Ultralase is over twice the cost too :D
  • Rakesh.Chauhan_2
    Options
    After speaking with a laser eye company in India, apparently optical express have the best machines in the world ( using visx IR ). I was also informed that the difference between Wavefront and normal LASIK is purely the software that is being used ( even though they use the same machine).

If i was having my laser eye treatment in the uk, i would suggest going with Optical express and get a surgeon who performs corrections of surgerys that have not gone to plan ( as they will most likely to be the best/experianced ).
  • evergreen
    Options
    Has anyone had laser eye surgery to correct the reading difficulties you get with age? Would be interested to hear how you got on. Thanks
  • RP2X
    RP2X Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Is it true that even after a few years of having laser eye surgery your eyes can start to get bad again ?

Has anyone any information of this ? thx
  • heloid
    heloid Posts: 472 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys, just about go go ahead with Optical Express after seeing 3 different places. Are there any discounts, cashbacks etc going at the moment?
  • ste_coxy
    ste_coxy Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    RP2X wrote: »
    Is it true that even after a few years of having laser eye surgery your eyes can start to get bad again ?

Has anyone any information of this ? thx

apparently there are no guarantees
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family