• vickyholmstock
    Options
    Ha ha

Removed, thanks again
  • blizeH
    blizeH Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Got my appointment in a couple of days with Optical Express, was almost nailed on just to go with them, but after seeing the prices and treatments of Focus Laser Vision (and to a lesser extent, Optimax) I'm wondering if it's a good idea to pay twice as much for a similar level of care...

I'm guessing the prices are generally un-negotiable? :D
  • englandcrew
    Options
    Hi all,

I have not read through all the posts but wanted to put my views on here. I had surgery July 2008 with optical express in Milton Keynes. I suffer from dry eyes (always have done) and since the surgery I have had over 20 appointments and probably around 30+ bottles of eye drops. All of these where free of charge. I recently went back as my eyes are not as good as they used to be straight after the surgery. I was offered the surgery again for free and glasses for night time if needed free. They have said that I will have unlimited aftercare.

So basically, personally I wouldn’t mind paying the bit extra for the extreme level of aftercare I receive now. Any questions please fell free to message me.
  • vickyholmstock
    Options
    I couldn't agree more, no surgery is 100% safe and its really important that there are no hidden costs. Focus offer a free lifetime care guarantee. I think that most of the big clinics do now but definately worth checking and taking aftercare and the price of drops etc into the equation when you do your price comparison.
  • blizeH
    blizeH Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Optical Express moved my appointment anwyay :S

Interested to see how much they're going to quote - anything above £2.5k and I think I'd have to reconsider and maybe use Optimax/Focus Laser Vision (even though it'll be a real pain to get to)
  • HJandR
    HJandR Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My husband has had a consultation with Optical Express, and they have agreed he is suitable for surgery, and quoted about £1600 per eye (just over). He has a consultation booked with Optimax for Tuesday, and we did mention that we had an offer - and were thinking of using the 50% off deal posted here. However, technically the appointment is 1 September, and the offer seems to be to end of august. The deal suggests that if you call in august to book it might be ok (which we did) - but not sure - has anybody any experience of this, would it work ? Alternatively are there any similar deals around for September ?
  • Ivrytwr3
    Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, the offer is you need tocontact them before the end of August and then it doesn't matter when the surgery is carried out (but i'd get that in writing from them personally!)
  • AJS33
    AJS33 Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry if this is not the place, but i had my eyes done 3 weeks ago on monday, everything is ok generally, but my eyes are still very sensitive to the light especially this little bit of sunshine we are having and towards the end of the day i get very tired eyes and a little headache as i use the computer most of the day. Did anyone else experience this and how long does it normally last???
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 August 2009 at 9:58AM
    Options
    AJS33 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is not the place, but i had my eyes done 3 weeks ago on monday, everything is ok generally, but my eyes are still very sensitive to the light especially this little bit of sunshine we are having and towards the end of the day i get very tired eyes and a little headache as i use the computer most of the day. Did anyone else experience this and how long does it normally last???

i was quite light sensitive for first few months, but wearing shades all day helped! If you eyes get tired or feel sore take regular breaks and try some eye drops to keep your eyes lubricated, ask your clinic for these.
    in an office try wearing some lighter type sunglasses if need be, or ask if you can be away from windows if possible.

one year on i am still sensitive to strong haze even on a cloudy day, but its good excuse to wearing my sunglasses!
  • waterwatcher
    Options
    I have a consulation booked with optical express. A freind of mine had a 10% discount as he works for the police. Does anyone know if optical express offer a discount for local authority workers or unison members?
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport