Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning

Does anyone know of any good cheap place to eat in Paris please? - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Does anyone know of any good cheap place to eat in Paris please?

28 replies 6.9K views
13»

Replies

• CCFC_80CCFC_80 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    original poster
  • Bear in mind that the rue Mouffetard is on a hill, so enter from the Pantheon end if you prefer downhill.
  • poohbear59poohbear59 Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Donnie wrote: »
    Bear in mind that the rue Mouffetard is on a hill, so enter from the Pantheon end if you prefer downhill.

Yep, that is the other thing to consider as I am disabled, walking, but not far. And definitely not uphill.
    Grocery challenge £35/£200 business mortgage £13798))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £7116=Total of £20914, 69% paid off was £68105 Weight to lose [STRIKE]42lbs[/STRIKE] 0 to go!! :D PPI claimed and received £13527 Save 12k in 2017no 116. £0/5000
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • i would recommend one of the millions of crepe stands around the city, particularly those located in the st michel area, for a cheap and tasty lunch! my favourite being oeuf et fromage (i'm a veggie!) but they have hundreds of combinations, both sweet and savoury.

another fab restaurant is la refuge des fondues, which (as the name suggests!) is a fondue restaurant with 2 menu choices - meat or cheese! the drinks menu is also 2 choices - white or red - and comes served in babies bottles. best restauramt i have ever been to, fab atmosphere, and quite often a queue to get in on a weekend night. it's in the 18th (near sacre coeur), and i think the price is around 18euros for aperitif, fondue, and a drink. the only thing i'm not sure about is wheelchair access (if that is relevant) as they don't have tables, just long benches where everyone has to muck in and eat together!
    2011 wins: £481
    Eleventh Heaven: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nervousftb wrote: »
    i would recommend one of the millions of crepe stands around the city, particularly those located in the st michel area, for a cheap and tasty lunch! my favourite being oeuf et fromage (i'm a veggie!) but they have hundreds of combinations, both sweet and savoury.

another fab restaurant is la refuge des fondues, which (as the name suggests!) is a fondue restaurant with 2 menu choices - meat or cheese! the drinks menu is also 2 choices - white or red - and comes served in babies bottles. best restauramt i have ever been to, fab atmosphere, and quite often a queue to get in on a weekend night. it's in the 18th (near sacre coeur), and i think the price is around 18euros for aperitif, fondue, and a drink. the only thing i'm not sure about is wheelchair access (if that is relevant) as they don't have tables, just long benches where everyone has to muck in and eat together!

Mmmm.... crepes. I don't remember stands selling them last time I was there. But what a good idea. I will definitely be having some. And the fondue, I would love, DH would probably hate but @ 18 euros maybe he can be convinced. I will have a look. I am walking not wheelchair so might be able to manage it. Thanks
    Grocery challenge £35/£200 business mortgage £13798))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £7116=Total of £20914, 69% paid off was £68105 Weight to lose [STRIKE]42lbs[/STRIKE] 0 to go!! :D PPI claimed and received £13527 Save 12k in 2017no 116. £0/5000
  • BeenieBeenie Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    We always look out for the local boulangeries (bakers shops) to buy sandwiches, cheese rolls, small pizzas and lovely fruit tarts. The cost is usually 4-5 euro per person, often less, for good quality tasty food.

At night, we ate in the smaller Italian restaurants (usually a pasta or pizza dish) which was the same price as the UK (i.e. 9euro or thereabouts). Drinks are v.expensive, so be warned.
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beenie wrote: »
    We always look out for the local boulangeries (bakers shops) to buy sandwiches, cheese rolls, small pizzas and lovely fruit tarts. The cost is usually 4-5 euro per person, often less, for good quality tasty food.

At night, we ate in the smaller Italian restaurants (usually a pasta or pizza dish) which was the same price as the UK (i.e. 9euro or thereabouts). Drinks are v.expensive, so be warned.

I hadn't thought of Italian.Thanks. I will buy a cheap bottle of wine and we can drink it in our room.
  • topmumtopmum Forumite
    387 posts
    Utter rubbish!
    Flunch offers fantastic value for money, fresh, delicious food cooked in front of you and a great range of choices.
    Everytime ive been it's been full of locals so you'd better let them know they're wasting their money!
    A code for the loo? Not in my experience.
    Remember the request? Somewhere reasonable to eat in Paris. What would your suggestion be? The tourist trap places on the left bank with turks dragging you in through the door or three michelin stars on Rue St Honore?
    3 courses in Flunch £10!

Well said! Flunh is fantastic value for money and good fresh tasty food. Why do you think it is always full of French families?
    :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support