We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Any one had any money yet ?

13»

Comments

  • I enrolled on Friday 11th Sept and lectures started yesterday. I don't even have a date to be paid yet as I'm STILL "AWAITING ASSESSMENT over 14 weeks since I applied. They haven't asked for any info or been in touch with me since. I just don't understand what is taking so long as I'm a continuing student?!

    I'm so glad I don't have to rely on this money for any accommadation or living costs and I dread to think the panic that other students are going through.

    Last year was really good with our local authority, I even had the email of the head of the team and he was great to get in touch with and always returned your calls. Its only this year I have appreciated that, although it had its faults, it was good to have the LEA make the assessment.
    :kisses2: Got married September 2011:smileyhea

  • atypical
    atypical Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Last year was really good with our local authority, I even had the email of the head of the team and he was great to get in touch with and always returned your calls. Its only this year I have appreciated that, although it had its faults, it was good to have the LEA make the assessment.

    If you had a student loan last year then your application should be being dealt with by your LEA:

    "'Returning' applicants - those who have already had one year at least in higher education - are still being dealt with by their local authorities." - BBC News
  • Impet_Limpet
    Impet_Limpet Posts: 690 Forumite
    edited 15 September 2009 at 10:30PM
    Thanks atypical :beer: I was under that impression, so nice to have it confirmed. Unfortunately our local authority have pulled all contact details for the LEA off the council website - I've got a tel number now!! Last time I rang student finance england asking about the application (because I was worried as 10 weeks had passed) they couldn't get any info up because of some computer crash and told me just to be patient with my application and if anyone needed any information they would be in touch. I applied online the same as I did last year with all the same details. I'm just worried my application has got lost somewhere between cyberspace and the town hall!
    :kisses2: Got married September 2011:smileyhea

  • I'm due to start PGCE on Monday, applied for finance months ago and still have not had payment schedule letter. It has said online for a hile that my 'application has been approved and waiting for signature back. FINALLY got through on the phone to someone who said "we sent out a declaration form for you to sign at the end of August" I haven't had any letters or emails (as they claimed). They're sending another out (2nd class I should add) so it apparently should be here next Wednesday. Then have to sign it, send it back blah blah blah.... luckily uni will still let me enrol without tution fee letter. I am so annoyed. They reckon I should have money by the end of the month but not holding my breath :mad:. Also apparently never received hubby's supporting info (which we sent months ago) so won't have means tested grant. Sorry for rant! :o Also have never been able to view correspondence online, didn't even know it was meant to be there
    "I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful."

    :rotfl:
  • Wiggynut
    Wiggynut Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    500 Posts
    atypical wrote: »
    If you had a student loan last year then your application should be being dealt with by your LEA:

    "'Returning' applicants - those who have already had one year at least in higher education - are still being dealt with by their local authorities." - BBC News

    I had to do mine via the government website - and I was told that LA don't deal with it anymore!
    I'm just about to start my second year - maybe it depends on areas etc...

    (I'm in London - I'm also a mature student and applied the morning of the first day that you could apply - mine went through without a single bump! (bet that hasn't happened to many :o:p!!)
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
    now at Uni as a Mature student -update: now has a First Class BA!
  • atypical
    atypical Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I did mine through the website too a few days after it opened, I'm about to start second year and my loan went through without a hitch...we have so much in common :p

    I think my application was passed to my LEA though as any letters I've received have had my councils emblem on them. But this might just be standard practice :confused:
  • I emailed my LEA early yesterday and by lunchtime I had a phonecall to let me know how much I am getting and that a letter has gone in the post for me to sign :j

    Did you see breakfast news this morning? With the guy from SLC and the student on. He said only 5% of people are still waiting for their income assessed portion of their loan! I think the entire 5% are in this site :rotfl:
    :kisses2: Got married September 2011:smileyhea

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.