Sky + multiroom

Options
I have sky HD as my main box and sky plus in my room as a multi room box.

May questionis if I cancel the mulitroom subscribtion will I
1. keep the recordings already on the harddrive
2. Be able to use the box as a freeview box
3. Be able to record form freeview channels withthe box?

Thanks all

:o

Comments

• juliescot
    juliescot Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Options
    I have sky HD as my main box and sky plus in my room as a multi room box.

May questionis if I cancel the mulitroom subscribtion will I
    1. keep the recordings already on the harddrive
    2. Be able to use the box as a freeview box
    3. Be able to record form freeview channels withthe box?

Thanks all

:o

Not sure about your recordings but you will never be able to use is as a freeview box. freeview channels are received through an aerial not a dish.
  • Phantom_Flan_Flinger
    Phantom_Flan_Flinger Posts: 2,794 Forumite
    edited 6 September 2009 at 6:21PM
    Options
    Once you cancel the multiroom, you lose access to the recordings you already have and lose the ability to record anything further on the box.

Your box will pick up what's known as the 'FreesatFromSky' channels.

As Julie says Sky and Freeview are totally different.
    Dave. :wave:
  • itsalldrivingmemad
    Options
    thanks both, so I will loose the ability to record on the freesatfromsky channel then?
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thanks both, so I will loose the ability to record on the freesatfromsky channel then?

As PFF already advised, once you cancel your sub you lose the recording facililty entirely.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • fergies_army
    Options
    I cancelled my sky subscription all together. Previously recorded programmes remain on box which I can view .... However only those recorded on freesatfrom sky channels bbc1, E4 etc etc, anything recorded on premium channels such as skysports is now locked.

I have the ability to still record but obvioulsy the free channels I receive, BBC etc.
  • Pokerlad
    Pokerlad Posts: 407 Forumite
    Options
    I have the ability to still record but obvioulsy the free channels I receive, BBC etc.

Are you sure about that? It shouldnt be possible to record without a minimum Sky package or the payment of a £10 fee per month to Sky for the functions.
  • itsalldrivingmemad
    Options
    I cancelled my sky subscription all together. Previously recorded programmes remain on box which I can view .... However only those recorded on freesatfrom sky channels bbc1, E4 etc etc, anything recorded on premium channels such as skysports is now locked.

Thank you - I was hoping for this answer - I will still have a sky subscription but only for the main box - decided a wate of money for upstairs but like watching recorings of soaps in bed so didn't want to loose that :j
  • Pokerlad
    Pokerlad Posts: 407 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you - I was hoping for this answer - I will still have a sky subscription but only for the main box - decided a wate of money for upstairs but like watching recorings of soaps in bed so didn't want to loose that :j

But thats the point, you will have a subscription but only on the downstairs box meaning the upstairs box will lose its functions (without multiroom there is no subscription on that box).
  • itsalldrivingmemad
    Options
    Seems as if different people get different outcomes. I may see if I can get a deal to keep the multiroom then - thanks all.
  • fergies_army
    Options
    Pokerlad wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? It shouldnt be possible to record without a minimum Sky package or the payment of a £10 fee per month to Sky for the functions.

Certainly am, dont pay sky a penny and can record any of the free channels I receive on my sky + box.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure