living with a chronic condition (part 4)

Options

Comments

• Paparika
    Paparika Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    kassandra wrote: »
    Haha! Jojo! I know how you feel. I have knee length boots and platforms that I've bought knowing full well I won't be able to wear them for more than ten minutes or unless I'm plonked on a chair and waited on all evening!!

You can justify it by the fact that it will ease some discomfort for you and make life a little easier for you.

oops guilty too.... i got some saucy high heel boots, wore them for about 5 mins and that was it..... very unsaucy, how can you look sexy when your face is screwed up in pain...
    Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?
  • Unity
    Unity Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    How about the title 'living with a chronic condition' ?

Discussing shoes that assist in the daily ability to get around or to lessen discomfort is exactly what this thread is about. I really don't see any point in singling out posts from the last thread that were very OT, I think we are allable to understand what this board is about .

I'm still happy though to help set up a basic chat thread for the Arms.

Sounds like a good title to me ;). What I want to know is - does it include swine flu? Yes, after everything else - I have got it:rolleyes:. I've just taken my first Tamiflu and I feel wretched so if you don't hear from me for a while - this is the reason.:o Daft thing is - the only place I can have caught it - is the hospital:(
    Some people hear voices, some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever :D
  • Paparika
    Paparika Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Unity wrote: »
    Sounds like a good title to me ;). What I want to know is - does it include swine flu? Yes, after everything else - I have got it:rolleyes:. I've just taken my first Tamiflu and I feel wretched so if you don't hear from me for a while - this is the reason.:o Daft thing is - the only place I can have caught it - is the hospital:(

ooo noo just one of many reasons why i hate hospitals, you pick up things there..
    hopefully now your on the tamiflu it shouldn't be too bad for too long..fingers crossed
    Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    soolin title is good
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi, I have ben away to a wedding and came back to find you had all disappeared!

Regarding the government plans to axe DLA etc. I have a mobility car now with my mobility allowance but use the care part generally to live eg food etc. The help I have had at home from the council has been a perching stool, and hand rails in kitchen, on stairs and in bathroom. If they did away with the cash in my hand I don't think I would get anything in the form of help at home.

If you all go away to another thread can someone let me know as I do become very confused about how to find my way around here. I am sure the drugs make me worse in the mornings. And it is still morning as I have just got up.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • raeh
    raeh Posts: 2,575 Forumite
    Options
    black_paw wrote: »
    i have nike shox trainers and with out them i could hardly walk, they have spings in the heels , so my neck doesn't jarr so much on walking ..
    so sad thread is closed as it was high lite of my day , to catch up with dear friends. while we struggle to have a normal life ..as not being able to get out .means no friends to listen and natter to you .......so sad.......just of to depression thread ........if that still there

Black paw the thread hasnt closed, soolin has just started a new one as she has done a couple of times before. All that has been asked is to keep the thread on topic more? :confused:

Soolin maybe could you change the title [again .. sorry] to say fibromyalgia and other chronic conditions then people wont be confused as to where the fibro thread is?

Unity im so sorry you have swine flu :( typical though to catch it at hospital. I was told i was a prime candidate for it being in a school but to be honest i dont seem to catch very much at all? Hope you feel better very soon xx
    2009-£7500 2010 £10800 2011 £2000

Thank you to everyone who posts comps xxx
  • Invasion
    Invasion Posts: 586 Forumite
    Options
    I like the title, I used to pop in on the fibro thread but never really felt as if I could post there.. though I may actually have it :P aswell as ME. That's probably just me though, I do worry too much about what people think! :)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Unity wrote: »
    Echinacea - Can anyone tell me whether taking this is a good idea or not?:confused: I used to take this regularly once the end of summer appeared, but I have read somewhere that for those whose immune systems actively work against them, it isn't a good idea to take this. This leaves me in a quandary as I am coughing like mad, with a headache, temperature and runny nose and don't know what to take :o.

Time for another Glayva :D
    For what it's worth, Echinacea sends me straight into a flare, and I've known other Lupies have the same reaction.:confused:
    black_paw wrote: »
    so sad thread is closed as it was high lite of my day , to catch up with dear friends. while we struggle to have a normal life ..as not being able to get out .means no friends to listen and natter to you .......so sad.......just of to depression thread ........if that still there
    Hear Hear!! I'd be terrified to have to go to the Moneysavers Arms - far too scary in there for me. Thankfully the Depression thread is (for now at least) still there.
    kassandra wrote: »
    I agree with Soolin about re-naming the thread. I titled the site I set up with the name Chronic Conditions as there are so many of us with different and similar illnesses and some people may think they can't post if the condition they suffer from isn't Fibro.
    I must've missed that somehow, as I don't remember anything about it.:confused:

I guess that just about wraps it up for me. I actively try not to go on about my illness (not always successfully, it's true). So my posts will prob be seen as off-topic. Shame, cos I'm really in need of some support today.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • raeh
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    I guess that just about wraps it up for me. I actively try not to go on about my illness (not always successfully, it's true). So my posts will prob be seen as off-topic. Shame, cos I'm really in need of some support today.

Lamewolf I think everyone is getting the wrong idea totally about this, the thread is still here. soolin isnt saying all we can discuss is our conditions and symptoms, after all sometimes talking about other things generally is a way that we cope with an illness? :confused: but the last thread had become something completely off topic and not related in the slightest and had put people off posting at all? I hope you will post in here and as i have said, I have found everyone a good support in the past and hopefully you will all continue to be.
    (((( Hugs)))) if you arent feeling great today and I hope you can come and chat about it xx

• raeh
    Options
    sorry forgot to say hello invasion :hello: I think you will find not many of us just had fibro but many different illnesses hence the new title and also a lot of conditions as we have found seemed to be interelated [is that the right word? :confused:, is it even a word? :o]

Dont worry about what people think ;) in my old[er] age i've just stopped caring lol

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family