Great 'Best Value Cabin Luggage' Hunt

Comments

• Chyna-s
    Chyna-s Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Why not buy all full sized toiletries when you have gone through into departures!!!!!

This is no good as you still have to bring it back through security on your return.
    Thank you all who post.
  • jezza2412
    jezza2412 Posts: 238 Forumite
    Why not buy all full sized toiletries when you have gone through into departures!!!!!

We're supposed to be MoneySavers here! We don't want to buy expensive full-sized toiletries airside and then have to throw them away, still half full, for the return journey! (Well I don't anyway)...
  • Gambit
    Gambit Posts: 584 Forumite
    jezza2412 wrote: »
    We're supposed to be MoneySavers here! We don't want to buy expensive full-sized toiletries airside and then have to throw them away, still half full, for the return journey! (Well I don't anyway)...

What I do is buy the 50 or 100ml containers you can get from boots and fill them with shampoo, shower gel...etc.. Means you only take what you need thus reducing the amount of weight too! Even if you need to take different things, I'm sure you can fit them into the litre bag given to you for your liquids :)
    Current Debt Owed To Family: [STRIKE]£12,575[/STRIKE] £9,000 :wall:
    Estimated Debt Free... [STRIKE]Dec 2012[/STRIKE] Aug 2012

:xmassmileChristmas 2010 Sealed Pot Challenge #477 :xmassmile
  • Just got some cracking cabin luggage from TJ HUghes. reduced to £20 from £50 rrp. Case weighs less than 2kg and measurements are 49 x 34 x 18 cm, apparently the worlds lightest case and it definately feels it compared to my hard case
    link below, currently showing out of stock but loads available instore.

Sorry unable to add link as new poster so look on TJ HUghes wensite for suitcase and look for the 19cm case in the SUB 0 - G collection, available in blue, black or red.
  • I bought a small suitcase, that fits the measurements, from Pricebusters for £9.99 excellent value
  • x.sophie.x
    x.sophie.x Posts: 279 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 August 2009 at 11:30AM
    Debenhams outlet has plently of luggage which has been reduced. The two bags below are from Tripp and have been reduced from £60 to £20.

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_10001_10001_59745_-1

Dont forget Quidco and discount codes.....

5019244321753?$ProdCatMedium$5019244303728?$ProdCatMedium$
  • Eleanory
    Eleanory Posts: 66 Forumite
    I've just bought two cabim suitcases from Debenhams online, reduced from £60 to £20, with a voucher for a further 10% off. With p & p the cost of both came to £40.50. Tripp, with handle and wheels. I haven't flown yet but will let you know. I plan to fly to Belfast International at the end of September with bmibaby. Only going for three days so won't need to pack much. I saw the offer on https://www.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Eleanory
    Eleanory Posts: 66 Forumite
    I don't understand why my link has been censored!
  • I've been using the Tripp suitcase shown above for travelling for about a year now as my hand luggage- great case and very robust and sturdy :)
  • rafter_2
    rafter_2 Posts: 242 Forumite
    This backpack is only £3.93 from argos with the following measurements - Size (H)46cm, (W)35cm, (D)15cm

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001801&langId=-1&searchTerms=2863180&Submit=GO+%3E

They have just reduced a lot of the prices on the other backpacks and have the measurements listed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure