Companies in Default/FSCS Claims - Picture, London Scottish, Twopart

Options

Comments

• Lian1969
    Options
    busbyh wrote: »
    Lian, if you cancel the Insurance you will not get the £5000 NCB back. If you are only getting £741 back wouldn't you be best keeping the Insurance, as your repayments will only be reduced by a couple og £'s. Ours reduced by £2 a month when we cancelled. Even if you do cancel the Insurance the amount is still included in your loan, so sounds like you have more to gain by keeping it going.Work it all out before you decide, which i'm sure you will.

How long as the loan been going.

IT STATES ON THE T&Cs. THE NCB IS PAID DIRECT TO THE INSURED, ANY OTHER PAYEMNTS WITH REGARD TO REDUNDANCY ETC WILL BE PAID DIRECT TO PICTURE TO REDUCE THE LOAN. SO PICTURE WILL NEVER GET THEIR HANDS ON THE NCB, UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO PAY IT TO THEM

We have bee paying for 2 years now.
    Thanks for your help and advice.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    :T:T:T:T congrats old-wulf :j:j:jwell done:money::money: anither one bites the dust:beer::beer: i will be doing this for you next week pinknico:Aeverything crossed xx:cool::cool:
  • busbyh
    busbyh Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    I have just found a contact number from di's link.Re London !!! then link to Warranty Group- PPI

[EMAIL="roger.humer@eu.thewg.com"]roger.humer@eu.thewg.com[/EMAIL]

I await a reply

I have politely asked if the Insurance is still in place. Haven't given any indicators that I am checking on Picture,
    Just put it as a general enquiry, not said loan is paid off or anything.
    dialysis,mammamia,honey.beaniebabe,saltyfish,funky,Gumbi,Lian,doogle,oldwulf,pinknico,Halpin,alyson,Barloo,jadone,demir,netabc,chickpee,dannyboy,tomgaskel,Lozza001,sandzb,di,marshallka,pengi,lynnie,busbyh,moggy,Kim66,honestbob,tobione,itdonk,arrongborne,thunders,newtonchang,mbones,showergirl, coffeetower,hayston,sappy,dolallytap,AuntieDeedee
  • Lian1969
    Options
    PINKNICO, I HAVE ADDED A BIT MORE RE- THEM ADVISING ON CANCELLING THE POLICY.

AS I HAVE NO LOAN WITH THEM AND OUR POLICY IS NOW CANCELLED, DO YOU THINK THEY MAY DISREGARD THIS EMAIL, AS I HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN FROM THEM
    wOULD IT BE BETTER COMING FROM SOMEONE WH STILL HAS A CURRENT LOAN :confused: MAYBE FROM LIAN OR OLD-WULF:confused: AS THEY WERE THE ONE'S WHO RANG PICTURE YESTERDAY. I'M SURE THEY WILL POST OVER THE WEEKEND AND LET ME KNOW WHAT THEY THINK
    thing.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
    I will do this to help us all, i was really mad last night with the whole thing
    Let me know where i have to send it. I will do this from work Monday.
    YOU ARE GREAT BUSBYH XX
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    pinknico wrote: »
    I wonder if the insurer would tell us if this is what happens?
    And if Picture would say if the PPI is automatically cancelled if the loan is settled or if you have to request that it is?
    I asked FOS to find this out last October for my FP one. Nothing yet reported back to me. I have also asked the insurer to confirm that the policy was cancelled when we repaid the loan. Again nothing reported back to me.
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Pinknico I really don't beleive this, it's got to be telepathy.

I have just been sitting hear thinking about marshallka's post, and thought, is it worth ringing Insurance to see if our Policy has actually been cancelled. How would we know as we didn't receive any rebate at all. On the settlement statement Ins Rebate showed as 0.00. Surely even if it had only been a small amount after 32 months we should have received the minimum rebate., or an explanation as to why we didn't.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was still in force. If anybody can post the correct address for the Insurers, I will definately write to them over the weekend

WHO SAYS I HAVE NO TRUST IN PICTURE:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    You are talking about the "loan" that paid the PPI and not the PPI itself here. They are completely different. Once on the agreement its "just" a loan. The PPI was paid in one lump sum by the lender. I think (and only a notion so not gospel!!) that the lender then transfers the policy to get the cashback maybe. Still working on that one.
  • busbyh
    busbyh Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    Lian1969 wrote: »
    thing.

YOU ARE GREAT BUSBYH XX

Thanks lian, pinknico said she is prepared to do it, so will leave it to you both to choose:D. I will just do the letter writing;);) will it be names in a hat:D:D
    dialysis,mammamia,honey.beaniebabe,saltyfish,funky,Gumbi,Lian,doogle,oldwulf,pinknico,Halpin,alyson,Barloo,jadone,demir,netabc,chickpee,dannyboy,tomgaskel,Lozza001,sandzb,di,marshallka,pengi,lynnie,busbyh,moggy,Kim66,honestbob,tobione,itdonk,arrongborne,thunders,newtonchang,mbones,showergirl, coffeetower,hayston,sappy,dolallytap,AuntieDeedee
  • pinknico
    pinknico Posts: 3,261 Forumite
    Options
    I have just found a contact number from di's link.Re London !!! then link to Warranty Group- PPI

[EMAIL="roger.humer@eu.thewg.com"]roger.humer@eu.thewg.com[/EMAIL]

I await a reply

I have politely asked if the Insurance is still in place. Haven't given any indicators that I am checking on Picture,
    Just put it as a general enquiry, not said loan is paid off or anything.

Well done busbyh, lets see if they bother to reply.
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
  • pinknico
    Options
    Lian1969 wrote: »
    thing.

YOU ARE GREAT BUSBYH XX

Go for it Lian.

Where do you want Lian to send this busbyh?
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
  • pinknico
    Options
    Thanks lian, pinknico said she is prepared to do it, so will leave it to you both to choose:D. I will just do the letter writing;);) will it be names in a hat:D:D

I think we should just add all the Picturite forum names to it:D:rotfl:

That would confuse them!
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts