🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Sky viewing card

Options
Does anybody else keep getting a message to insert your new viewing card when Sky haven't even sent it to you yet?

It keeps coming on every minute!

I really dont wanna ring Sky as takes ages to get through!!

Aaaaaaah!!!

Comments

• heleddie
    heleddie Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Does anybody else keep getting a message to insert your new viewing card when Sky haven't even sent it to you yet?

It keeps coming on every minute!

I really dont wanna ring Sky as takes ages to get through!!

Aaaaaaah!!!

I hate to sound like sky but have you tried the unplug box, count to 10 and plug in again technique - it'll be the first thing they tell you to do. I've not yet had my card but haven't had the message either so hopefully I'll get the card before it starts appearing.
  • Phantom_Flan_Flinger
    Options
    From previous postings, it seems the only way is to phone Sky.
    Dave. :wave:
  • Castle_Rock
    Options
    Tried switching it off & it still says the message, literally every minute!

This is out of order, it really is!
  • Brian1945
    Options
    This happened to me for a couple of days then stopped. The card arrived about a week later.
  • emay
    emay Posts: 506 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Brian1945 wrote: »
    This happened to me for a couple of days then stopped. The card arrived about a week later.

Snap here too, happened every time I turned on Tv, card arrived 2 days after messages strted appearing
  • Castle_Rock
    Options
    rang sjy & they said tehy sent it a mth ago, told them i hadnt got it so re-issuing it & they have taken the message off now. :-)
  • Fountaine
    Options
    They sent me a letter notifying me I would be receiving a new card, one week later I received the card and instructions on the day the messages started popping up on the screen ! Efficient or just plain lucky ?
  • Wkdwill
    Wkdwill Posts: 825 Forumite
    Options
    I had this the other month, only it popped up every 30 seconds, I rung Sky they said they sent them out weeks before but I hadnt received them, they promised to have the messages stopped within 10 minutes, an hour later they were still coming up, so I rung them back, got it sorted and also said I wanted to make a complaint about it, so the lovely lady on the phone gave me a free box office movie credit for my inconvenience.

Last weekend the messages started again only not as often and on Tuesday my new cards turned up.

Just keep on at them to get them to stop the messages and they will.
  • halifaxflea
    Options
    I had the message come up every six hours or so last Wednesday.

Card arrived on the Thursday, Happy days :)
  • pesky2
    pesky2 Posts: 2,191 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone guide me on something about sky pls

Old Box stopped working and i have managed to get e replacement box from someone not the same exactly as is newer but he didn't give me the sky card for it , i have a card in the one that stopped working, how can i get a replacement card for the other (New) box do they still give them out like they did so we can use as a freeview box pls?

Any answers are appreciated
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family