Options

Comments

• MellyB_2
    MellyB_2 Posts: 262 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LondonAndy wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:LOL. How (very) dare you! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hahahahahahaha, I'm laughing my head off imagining that being said in the Catherine "is he gay, is he straight, who cares" Tate man voice!

(Hopefully people know who I mean, otherwise I deny all knowledge of writing this.....)

x
  • ged1980
    ged1980 Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    Options
    what a nice thread and good to see people still care pm me your addy OP i will also send you a parcel
    If you dont like me remember its mind over matter, I dont mind and you dont matter ;)
  • Yargo1
    Yargo1 Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi op, im happy to send you some bits and pieces, razors or whatever u need. let me know, jo
    DEBT FREE - MARCH 2012 - NOW JUST THE MORTGAGE!
    MFW 2012 No.148:£1600 / £450.00
    Mortgage - 102,57.16
  • SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    macgirl wrote: »
    Hi BIW!

Look at what a fantastic and heart warming thread you've started :T
    As everyone's mentioned pasta, I've got a spare bag I'll send you, can you pm me your address?

I would echo the "Pass it On" sentiment too, then continue this thread as a diary and keep us all up to date with your progress :)

Nice one Angelic (you certainly are living up to your name today ;))
    I'm going to use your recipe tomorrow Sue - Proud to be a PAdder xx

We just had it for tea, yummy and forgot to mention the cheaper the sausages the better, the tomato get absorbed into the pieces :j.................if its a little bland you can add tom sauce or just use a pasta sauce if funds permit
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • cellblockpch
    Options
    hi BIW,
    another welshy here, i will be happy send you the luxury items (you need a treat for the w/end) i have a spare £10.00 tesco wine voucher (doubled up some points i didn't really need)
    Also done well out of boots lately and could send you enough olay face wash and shampoo to last you till christmas.
    just pm your address and it will be with!
    and good luck x
  • MCBIRNIE25
    Options
    Hello all,
    what a super heart warming thread. It's lovely to know that there are so many kind hearted people ready to come to someone's aid like this. Kind of restores my faith in humans.
    Hmmmmmm, most ideas have been covered, however, do you have a car boot sale near you? I run my local one and am always letting people pick up litter etc in exchange for a burger or hotdog for half hour. Doesnt cost me anything as our caterer throws away literally 30/50 burgers every Sunday as we close. I've now taken to telling him off and keeping them for the homeless people who come and rummage through my skip before closing.
    Anything like this you could do? Sadly, i can't help with recipes etc. Not my forte.
    If you get to desperate though pm me, i have a friend who works in a major hotel in Cardiff. Sure I will be able to wangle you some food and a shower and stuff;-)
    Keep smiling.
  • jo41
    jo41 Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 August 2009 at 10:51PM
    Options
    Hi,
    I want to help too! pm your address and I.ll send you something, Hi 5 padders n here.....we roc!
    Jo x
  • jo41
    jo41 Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,
    I want to help too! pm your address and I.ll send you something, Hi 5 padders on here.....we rock!
    Jo x
  • parkysaves
    Options
    Whilst I'm here, I'll let you know about Freecycle if you haven't already heard about it. Not often I see actual foodstuffs on there but may be a help all the same. The idea was basically started in the US and caught on here too. Anything that you no longer need is advertised on freeycle,the idea being we're all keeping stuff out of landfill/the tip. No money changes hands, it's all free. You can offer and receive almost anything on the site. You search through what's being offered in your area, email the freecycle member and if you get "picked" arrange to collect the item.

Like I said, it may not help immediately with the food issues, but worth bearing in mind for the future. I've had clothes for meand the children, furniture etc and have given away clothes, wardrobes, plants and even wood from an old shed we took down which went to an owl sanctuary for their owl houses!! Great sense of community too, which is a theme in this thread too.
    Happy freecycling everyone xx
    I am not a financial expert and I am not perfect but purrleeaassse don't be mean to me if I express an opinion that may not be quite what you thought. :p
  • schoolrunmum
    schoolrunmum Posts: 2,689 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Count me in Brokey...pm me and I'll send you a red cross parcel too...can't see you starve! Be glad to help,pay it forward and all that..
    Debt-free...and staying that way...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport